Industrial Hydraulics and Pneumatics'
• Read and understand industrial pneumatic and hydraulic components and their symbols, schematics, and diagrams.
• Hydraulic/Pneumatics Plumbing , Tubing, Pipe Threading, Pipe Welding and Hose Assembly Skills including proper fluid conductors selection based on function, flow, pressure, compatibility, routing, mounting, reliability, dependability, availability, longevity, and safety.
• Overhauling and repair of hydraulic power plants and associated equipment. Experienced and trained in both electrical and mechanical repair such as: pumps, motors, filtration, heat exchangers, coolers, flow control, pressure control, actuators/cylinders, PLC's and relay logic etc.
• Periodic Preventative Maintenance servicing of pneumatic and hydraulic related equipment, such as: air compressors, air dryers, hydraulic power plants, air tools etc. Routine maintenance such as: Inspections, clean, lubricate/grease filtration, electrical connections/insulation, safety inspections etc. Monitor wear/alignment on commonly replaced parts like bearings, bushings, gears, couplings, chains, V-belts, fans, blowers, shaft deformation etc.
• Monitor and evaluate performance of parts and sub parts or components and recommend substitute or alternative to speed up repair time and minimize delays.
• Experienced and knowledgeable in (Allen-Bradley, Texas Instruments, Siemens, GE) PLC control ladder logic, writing programs, working with conduit, relay logic and drawing electrical schematics.
• High voltage industrial wiring w/ voltage up to 480 3-PHASE
• Three phase VFD and DC drive experience.
• Investigate failures, malfunctions, or breakdowns in electrical and electronic systems and equipment. Determine cause and repair/replace components as needed.
• Performed preventative maintenance on electrical panels and distribution systems.
• Experienced in industrial equipment repair including motor controls (AC & DC), electrical print reading and interpretations, troubleshooting of control systems, and electric devices.
• Experienced in troubleshooting and major refurbishing of induction and synchronous motors from low voltage fractional horsepower up 5kV, 8,000hp.
• Medium Voltage Switchgear and Breakers, Medium Voltage Motor Control Centers & Contactors, Low Voltage Motor Control Centers, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, Variable Frequency Drives, Battery systems, and Protective Relaying Systems.
• Worked to meet current electrical codes and company policies and practices.
• Prepared, reviewed and maintained documentation associated with facility electrical systems. • Strong background in mathematics to determine proper components and installation requirements.
• Installed, adjusted, modified, verified, calibrated and tested operation of power systems, specialized
electrical systems and panels, circuitry, electrical chassis, appliances, portable electrical equipment in accordance with all State and Federal Electrical Codes and Ordinances.
• Operate and maintained cranes, forklifts, man lifts, scissor lifts, loaders and maintenance service vehicle's.
Mechanical and Fabrication
• Precision metal fab equipment (i.e.: lathe, mill, drilling , Tapping and Tooling), along with the full range of electrical and electronic test instruments.
• Machining and Fabrication Measurement Skills
• Mig Welding, Flux Welding and Stick Welding
• Steel Cutting - Torch - Plasma - Sheer
• Read and understand mechanical, electrical/electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical drawings, schematics, and diagrams.
• AutoDesk AutoCAD 2008 2D Certified currently enrolled in 3D certification
• Understand concepts related to machine tools, gear boxes, spindles, heads and chucks etc.
• Build test fixtures and equipment for manufacturing and engineering.
• Equipment operating skills include but are not limited to: lathe, mill, MIG welder, plasma cutter, sheet metal brake and shear, band saw, drill press, oxygen and acetylene torches, paint guns, grinders. polishers, pressure washers
Commercial Facility Maintenance
• Hands on experience in a broad spectrum of trades including renovation projects, plumbing/pipefitting, compressed air and gas lines, security/surveillance systems, fire alarm/sprinkler systems, dust collection, hazardous fume monitoring/evacuation and filtration systems, electrical, HVAC, waste water monitoring/processing systems, chillers/refrigeration, boilers/water heaters, Emergency back-up power generators and associated wiring/control systems, carpentry/construction, masonry and concrete.
• Design and lay out changes and expansions of the above named systems.
• Calculate system loads and required capacities needed for appropriate materials and equipment selection.
• Maintain appropriate documentation, permits and inspections of current system and modifications made.
Planning and Communications
• Clearly evaluate problems under pressure and resolve the issue.
• Provide technical support/backup to other Field Service Technicians on various job sites.
• Write routine reports and correspondence as well as good verbal communications skills.
• Increasing & preserving equipment asset reliability through implementation of preventative, predictive & corrective maintenance programs.
• Prepare electrical/mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Perform adjustments and calibration procedures on various forms of process equipment.
• Extensive experience in designing and maintenance of complex Database systems that provide various functions, such as scheduling, parts identification/inventory, client info, finances etc.
• Generating and updating of electrical/mechanical schematics and drawings using AutoCAD
• Layout and routing of conduit and wiring. (electrical-480vac 240vac 110vac, phone, networking, alarm, paging)
• Worked with all departments providing necessary maintenance support to ensure day-to-day issues are resolved; and maintained an electronic log of any highlights occurring.
• Technical independence, time management and organizational skills needed to determining work methods, process, priorities and planning needed to keep multiple tasks/projects moving forward efficiently and completed by target dates specified.
• Perform electrical power system documentation including: system configuration, equipment ratings, settings, reliability, harmonics, arc-flash and reliability centered maintenance studies. .
• Proactively seeking self improvement with a keen eye on the big picture, service performance perspective, quality, and profitability.
• Good working knowledge of basic financial principles & practices including pricing methods, cost management methods, and gross margin/profitability management.
• Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
• Team spirited with energy and enthusiasm both on and off the job.
• Lockout/Tagout Devices for Safety
• Working knowledge of current OSHA codes and requirements.
• Trained in NEC/Safety/Hand Tools and Conduit Bending Residential/Commercial and NEC Requirements, Ground Faults and over-current protection.
• Trained in 5-S... A place for everything and everything in its place, always maintaining safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Technical Understanding, Judgment and Attention to Detail to maintain a safe environment.
• Maintain good two-way communication with to all crew members to ensure a Safe and effective operation
• Understand responsibility in the implementation of environmental protection and safety, such as disposal of fluids, chemicals and used parts etc.
• Proper installation of couplings, chains, Provision fences, E-Stops and guards on rotating equipment.
• Cleanliness and orderliness of Mechanical workshop and specific work areas.
• Member of safety committee and contributor/participant to training seminars ie. Self Awareness Training, Fire Fighting, First Aid, Personal Fall Protection
• Keep firefighting equipment always available and in good running condition.
• Member of safety committee and contributor/participant to training seminars ie. Self Awareness Training, Fire Fighting, First Aid, Personal Protection, Fall Protection