My interests include learning anything new in the Information Technology world, reading everything I can, weight-training, boxing, nutrition and fitness, and hiking.
Software products and applications:
- IBM Performance Tools, MB Performance Software, Performance Navigator, iDoctor
- TeamQuest Performance and Capacity Planning Software
- DB2 Web Query
- IBM BRMS and WebSphere Application Server
- MKS Implementer
- Help Systems Robot products including Robot Save, Robot Scheduler, and Robot Reports
- Hawkeye, Pathfinder, MKS Implementer, DBU, EZVIEW, ABSTRACT
- iSeries Navigator and Management Central
- TCP/IP, SNADS, Anynet, SMTP, Virtual Ethernet, RUMBA, iSeries Access, iSeries Access for Web
- I/T professional with 20 years of iSeries experience, skilled in the administration of iSeries systems, and design and development of innovative applications and utilities.
- Proven expertise in the full software development lifecycle from requirements analysis through programming and deployment.Successfully executed multiple and simultaneous projects.
- Highly experienced in iSeries installation, configuration, and management including LPARs.Skilled in performance analysis and tuning, capacity planning and sizing, journaling configuration and management, iSeries security, and operating systems and HMC upgrades.
- Proactive and conceptual thinker with a superior work ethic.Skilled in documenting systems, processes, and system and software architecture.
- Continual learner with an ability to rapidly achieve organizational integration, assimilate job requirements and employ new ideas, concepts, methods and technologies.
- Energetic and self-motivated team player/coach.Effective in work situations requiring an ability to manage multiple, concurrent and senior-level responsibilities.
- Exceptional oral/writtencommunication, interpersonal, multi-tasking, technical, organizational, problem solving andmentoring skills.Thrives in both independent and collaborative work arenas.
Jul 2010 - Present
Bank of America
Development of monitoring and alert application for High-Availability environment utilizing SQL, RPGLE, and CLLE programming skills.
2007 - 2009
Sr. Systems Programmer
Senior member of client-facing team providing system support for banking institutions using IBM iSeries systems. Successfully led system migration and upgrade projects for clients. Mentored and guided Operations Analysts in planning and implementing operating system and HMC upgrades. Developed and delivered training presentations for Operations Analysts and clients.Served as Subject Matter Expert in areas of security, performance analysis, journaling, ILE programming concepts,DB2 Web Query and MIMIX high-availability product. Provided performance analysis, capacity planning,system sizing, security reviews and remote system administration services for clients. Developed and programmed automation utilities for Operations Analysts to improve planning and upgrade processes.
- Resolved batch processing and journaling performance issues for major clients utilizing SQL techniques, IBM Performance Tools, and iDoctor product.
- Served as key member of Benchmark project working with IBM to ensure optimum system and application performance.
- Developed planning procedures and guides for Operations Analysts resulting in increased client satisfaction.
- Developed and programmed automated FTP application with password encryption utilizing REXX, CL and SQL which replaced time-consuming manual processes.
2004 - 2007
Sr. Technical Architect
Senior member of technical team responsible for system infrastucture for student loan business using IBM iSeries systems. Served as Subject Matter Expert in areas of performance analysis, capacity planning, security, journaling, and MIMIX high-availability software. Developed in-house utilities utilizing RPG, SQL, and CL programming. Provided technical direction to Systems Administrators, Operators, and Production Control department.
- Designed and implemented remote backup solution utilizing MIMIX high-availability software to reduce nightly processing time.
- Key member of task force which reduced nightly batch processing time.
- Member of inter-departmental Security Team responsible for establishing security standards and policies, and ensuring industry-standard compliance.
- Implemented BSafe and SkyView Partners security solutions.
- Developed journaling and IFS security standards and policies and guides.
- Implemented TeamQuest software for performance and capacity planning.
Jun 1995 - Dec 2006
Served as system administrator and senior-level programmer/analyst for manufacturing business using IBM iSeries systems. Maintained and managed systems including PTF installations and operating system upgrades. Served as Subject Matter Expert in areas of performance analysis and tuning, capacity planning, security, and backup strategies. Provided technical direction to Operations staff and development team. Provided technology planning services for executive team.
- Planned CISC to RISC conversion.
- Developed Disaster Recovery plan.
- Developed automation applications for Operations staff which reduced time spent on manual processes.
Jan 2003 - Sep 2004
Sr. Technical Analyst
Senior member of technical team responsible for system administration and technology planning for logistics and refrigerated storage business using IBM iSeries systems. Served as Subject Matter Expert in areas of journaling, performance analysis, capacity planning, hardware installation and configuration, and operating system upgrades. Developed custom utilities for in-house use utilizing RPG and CL programming.Provided technical direction for Operations staff members.
- Installed and upgraded multiple iSeries systems and LPARs, including LPAR creation and configuration.
- Implemented and configured Vision software solution for new systems.
- Key member of project team which developed and implemented high-availability solution.
- Developed concurrent backup strategy.
Nov 1998 - Dec 2002
Senior member of technical team responsible for system administration and technology planning for software development business using IBM iSeries systems. Developed in-house utilities and technical direction for other developers. Developed and programmed applications utilizing CL, JAVA, RPG, and C++ languages. Served as Subject Matter Expert in areas of performance analysis and tuning, and capacity planning. Instrumental in testing and installing new technologies both hardware and software.
- Key member of team responsible for data center relocation.
- Managed, installed, consolidated, and upgraded multiple iSeries systems and LPARs.
- Developed and programmed installation programs for software products.
- Developed backup strategy.
- Developed application to create installation CDs which replaced tapes resulting in improved installation process and resolution of multiple tape format issues.
Jan 1998 - Nov 1998
Programming Consultant/System Administrator
SystemSystems Conversion, Inc.
Provided programming consulting services utilizing CL and RPG programming languages for IBM iSeries system clients. Clients were primarily manufacturing businesses using Computer Associates software products. Served as system administrator for in-house system.
- Developed and implemented backup strategy.
- Provided custom program modifications to support Y2K requirements.
- Established in-house security policies and standards.
Jan 1997 - Jan 1998
Senior-level programmer responsible for in-house applications for manufacturing business using IBM iSeries systems. Provided analysis, design, and programming services utilizing RPG and CL programming languages. Provided backup system administration services for outsourced support service.
- Developed and implemented source and change control methodology.
- Provided technology planning services to executive team.
- Provided disaster recovery planning services.
- Developed and implemented backup strategy.
Dec 2009 - Present
Scheduled to complete May 2011