Director, Application Development
Fulfills a critical role directing all facets of IT for the Online Applications business unit of one of the largest independent software corporations in the world, with authority over a team of 35 employees, dedicated to the creation and enhancement of a portfolio of seven applications, data conversions, continuous improvement initiatives, including ca.com, marketplace.ca.com, SharePoint Online and CA Support.
Digital Experience (ca.com, rewrite.ca.com)
- Led the end to end implementation of the new Adobe Experience Manager cloud platform for ca.com, enabling consistent brand & user experience across digital properties, personalized content resulting in increased trials registrations and sales pipeline, faster time to market (14 hand offs reduced to 6, 20 days reduced to 4 to create and maintain content), reduced agency effort for page designs, reusable digital content across channels, integration to marketing campaign Marketo tool
- Successfully developed the 54 global components and 21 templates from scratch by re-skilling and training the entire development team in Adobe and Java platform, who were primarily .NET developers of the old site core platform and built a strong competency in 60 days
- Introduced the agile development methodology in the program for the first time in our business unit with excellent collaboration with business and various other stakeholders that helped us in delivering a high quality product that bagged us the ‘Best in Class’ award for rewrite.ca.com from Interactive Media
- Led the successful implementation of a new e-Commerce application powered by the Magento platform; coordinated and executed backend integration with SAP and legacy applications.
- Built the Digital Commerce Foundation platform for Try & Buy, integrating with product heartbeats, usage insights analytics with GainSight, marketing campaigns tool of Marketo and generating leads in Salesforce
- Chairperson of the 15 member committee of global data conversion council that established best practices, process, conversion tool kit and evangelized its adoption in various projects in the organization by working closely executive leadership and program manager as well performing project oversight
- Played the role of global data conversion lead for the SAP Asia Pacific multimillion dollar rollout involving large volumes of data from multiple legacy systems, integrations, managing technical and business resources across multiple time zones with 100% accuracy of converted data enabling smooth business operations from day1 of go live
- Data Conversion Lead for Migration from CA's education system to Sum Total’s SaaS offering
- Led the implementation of Microsoft SharePoint Search solution in CA to provide a rich Search user experience and stability and retired the old solution with Coveo
- Led the foundation implementation of Microsoft Office 365 cloud and set up governance rules and initiated the migration from SharePoint 2007
- Actively engaged in the vendor selection process for complete migration & strategy
Innovation & Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Designed the overall process for an Innovation program involving CA’s API management solution and Mobility and conducted hackathon.
- Led the development of production support dashboard that helped in measuring the progress against the KPI’s and continuously improve operational efficiency
- Drove the initiative around Identification of End of Life Systems and drive towards decommissioning and propose solutions to re-platform
- Championed the adoption of Agile Development Methodology within the organization and successfully delivered multiple projects