Director of Business Development, icanmakeitbetter.com
Jun 2013-Mar 2015, Austin Texas
First dedicated sales person hired to bring innovative market research software and services to market quickly and build a pipeline of recurring revenue.
- Grew company’s revenue by 250% for software and services
- Implemented new sales strategies, increasing customer base by 125%
- Managed all daily, weekly and monthly client interactions for 100% of new accounts; included contracts, SOWs, kickoff, on-boarding, training and client escalations
- Created and delivered 100% of marketing materials, software demonstrations, client-branded landing pages and presentations
- Partnered with internal product and strategic platform team as voice of customer, resulting in a more customer-centric user experience
- Tracked and prioritized accounts to identify health of customers and establish streamlined retention and up-sell paths
- Developed and maintained client best practices and on-boarding documentation to ensure seamless customer launch
Account Manager, Senior Account Executive, Sales Director, CSIdentity Corp
June 2007-April 2013, Austin Texas
Sixth employee hired to establish sales verticals, develop new client relationships and leverage existing accounts for up-sell opportunities.
- Built company’s account management department from ground-up to support client lifecycle, resulting in 95% customer retention rate
- Served as main point of contact for over 100 customers by providing all on-boarding, client engagement and triage; leveraging technical team as needed to ensure seamless launch
- Delivered top sales for 2 consecutive years and secured 6th largest SaaS client to date
- Led team as 1st sales producer to successfully sell 3 core software platforms in same year (voice biometrics, global data breach mitigation, credit data and services)
- Managed inside sales in lead generation process for market developers
- Negotiated, drafted and managed complex technical contracts, amendments, RFPs, SOWs and product requirements for client needs
- Forecasted, tracked and communicated all opportunities, activities and projects via CRM
Account Manager, Dressed 2 Kill (D2K)
2006-June 2007, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago
Represented leading clothing designers with consultative selling into boutiques and major upscale retailers.
- Effectively managed existing Tier 1 clients, while growing new business by 200%
- Prepared and managed sales and financial reporting as needed and managed showroom displays, garment shipments and staff travel
Educator, Houston ISD, Humble ISD
August 1991-May 2006, Houston Texas
Educated students, grades 3-5.
- Achieved and maintained 90% and higher student passing rate on standardized tests, including special education student and at-risk populations
- Created, modeled and instructed in an interactive next-gen classroom, which served as a live showcase for visiting district and non-district educators and administrators
- Co-authored Mathematics guide book adopted and used district-wide; emphasis on teaching mathematics concepts through problem solving in real-world applications
- Trained staff and served as mentor teacher, student teacher supervisor, committee chair and team lead throughout tenure