SNAP-ON TOOLS, INC
Direct team of 32 employees focused on process and program automation, drive continuous improvement programs, automate non-value-add processes to reallocate resources, manage order processing, system reports, and back-office processing groups. Support franchisees and field sales employees through lean initiatives that reduce waste, improve service level, productivity, and quality controls, and provide on-demand or customer reporting tools.
- Automations of NTR/BTR as well as off-enrollment-cycle revolving account processing saves a total of 840 hours labor annually, a cost avoidance of $20,000.
- Directed the training and skills development of 7 employees in use of MSAccess to run business-specific queries in ERP and Data Warehouse environments, expanding team’s research & analysis capabilities.
Field Resource Database:
Developed business requirements, functional specifications, and scenario testing structure. Led design, development, UAT, pilot, training, and deployment of field resource database system for sales team of 500 in 10 regions across North America.
- Improved order processing request volume by 65% by eliminating 300,000 email contacts
- Increased service level by 23 hours by modernizing transaction feed between external and internal resources.
- Automated data validation and business process improvements which improved department accuracy by 97% and reduced billing errors and rework of 2,000 lines of data.
- Reduced sales order processing cost by $1.33 per transaction for 69% improvement via process automations that decreased staffing requirements.
- Cut order-processing staff by 54% deferring $383,000 in salary expenses to other value-added initiatives.
Database Solutions for Special Programs:
Created point-of-sale database solution for 75 field sales representatives that improved big-ticket orders and tracked sales-cycle data from appointments to sales quotes through close of sale and order fulfillment.
- 2 systems monitored over 7,300 appointments, 88,000 quotes, and $99 million in sales fulfillment during year 1.