Cobham plcDorset, England 2007-Present
Global company engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea-13,500 employees / 5 continents. Serve in a dual capacity as:
Vice President-Mission Equipment (strategic business unit of Cobham plc)
Vice President of the $300M Mission Equipment strategic business unit which is the world market leader for auxiliary mission equipment, providing wing tip-to-wing tip solutions for aerial refueling and weapons carriage release. Operations are located in El Monte, California and Wimborne, Dorset; United Kingdom. (9 direct / 800 indirect reports).
CEO, Sargent Fletcher, Inc.(wholly-owned subsidiary of Cobham plc)
CEO of $80M subsidiary directing overall operations in El Monte California for the global manufacturing and services business of aerial refueling systems and weapons release equipment.
- Launched consolidation and integration of US operations
- Leading integration of UK and US go-to-market strategies in weapons release and refuelling.
- Leading M&A candidate identification and due diligence
- Restructured and consolidated overhead functions saving ~$2M annually
- Negotiated and secured positions on both Boeing and EADS/Northrop US-Tanker platforms
- Recovered production stability of market entry weapons release program with Boeing
Wicklow Associates, LLC Scottsdale, AZ 2005- 2007
Mergers and Acquisitions consultant in fluid system technology markets
Consultant on mergers and acquisitions for fluid system operations and industrial properties.
- Developed acquisition and market plan for fluid mechanical technology markets.
- Established $10M in private equity, mezzanine, and senior debt financing.
Honeywell Aerospace Phoenix, AZ 1999-2005
Diversified technology and manufacturing leader of aerospace products and services with over $11 billion in sales and 40,000 employees in 97 worldwide manufacturing and service sites.
Vice President-Engine Platform Solutions (Engine Systems & Accessories) 2004-2005
General Manager of $500M engine controls product line-14 direct / 300 indirect reports, 4 sites.
- Won two major sales campaigns valued at $1B on 7E7 engine platform.
- Met and exceeded financial performance targets by ~5%
- Restructured overhead functions to customer / product focus resulting in a 10% savings.
Vice President-Sales & Marketing (Engine Systems & Accessories) 2003-2004
Strategy and growth leader of $1.2B engine controls product line-12 direct reports.
- Managed long term sales campaigns in commercial and military markets ($~3B).
- Generated short term in-period revenue beyond plan (~$200M).
- Developed technology licensing in-period revenue beyond plan (~$10M).
- Managed executive relationships at GE, Rolls-Royce and United Technologies.
Vice President-Sales & Support (Commercial Air Transport & Regional Markets) 1999-2003
Global leader of commercial sales organization in North-South America and Asia-Pacific.
- Achieved targets consistently (~$3.5B revenue) in commercial airline market.
- Managed 42 direct reports across North / South America and Asis-Pacific.
- Deployed CRM, sales targeting, revenue tracking and incentive pay globally.
- Lead GE (Aircraft Engines) / Honeywell Aerospace merger - Sales & Marketing.
Early Career History - Positions held at Allied Signal Aerospace: Director & General Manager (Global Repair & Overhaul), 1997-1999; Director-Production Programs (Commercial Auxiliary Power Units,) 1995-1997; Director-Airlines Sales (Commercial Auxiliary Power Units), 1992-1995; Manager-Sales & Marketing (Aircraft Landing Systems), 1991-1992; Manager-Sales & Marketing (Commercial Auxiliary Power), 1989-1991; Sales Engineer (Aerospace), 1986-1989; Development Engineer(Fluid Power Systems), 1984-1986.