Development Officer U.S.A.
university of the Witwatersrand, johannesburg, south africa
- Identified new sources of foundation giving and write grant proposals. Secured a grant for $100,000 from Motorola Solutions Foundation. Working with fundraising teams from South African and U.S. universities to secure grants for partnerships from large international funders such as Carnegie, Rockefeller, and the Gates Foundation.
- Launched major donor and alumni-giving program for U.S. based alumni of South Africa's preeminent university. Raised over $75,000 in first year. Secured commitment for $50,000 from single donor for proposed scholarship program. Stewarding $1 million donation from U.S. donor. Engaged in the cultivation of numerous prospective major donors.
- Designed and wrote new Wits in America website -http://witsinamerica.businesscatalyst.com/
- Launched and maintain WitsUSA - @WitsUSA - Twitter feed and Wits in America Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/witsinamerica
- Wrote various donor materials