Director of Operations
Directed the revitalization of the revenue stream by reversing the first decline in overall revenues in corporate history through the development of new methodologies, new technologies and new Continuous Store Improvement processes. Led the sales efforts for over 3000 corporate locations and 19,000+ employees, with B2C and B2B sales of 500+ products totaling nearly $3B in annual revenue.
Honored with selection as one of the top 40 executives under 40 in the United States –
Chain Store Age Magazine – 2007
- Implemented a comprehensive operational review that laid the ground work for financial recovery – reversing a $60-million revenue shortfall in 2004 and providing over $40-million in revenue growth by 2008.
- Boosted revenues by a projected $35-million by leveraging business acumen to re-structure the customer payment contract, reducing the amount of money allocated to customer’s equity by ten percent.
- Actively evaluated market conditions to identify sales or promotional opportunities.Launched a new post-Thanksgiving Day sales event, doubling the 2007 sales and revenue performance in 2008.
- Designed a creative sales campaign for May 2008 centering around the economic stimulus program, in which 3000+ stores participated in direct mail and localized telemarketing initiatives which resulted in the best May in company history.
Process and Technology Initiatives…
- Created the company’s first web-based Best Practices site covering sales, financial reporting, inventory management and Quality Assurance. Now utilized daily by over 19K employees averaging 5000+ unique hits each week.
- Guided the transition from manual reporting systems to information technology reporting systems, including Intranet web-based portals for inventory tracking, timekeeping, profit and sales projections resulting in transparency throughout the organization down to the store level.
- Collaborated with department heads to modify and update all policies and procedures throughout the enterprise providing a streamlined and easy to use guide for field personnel.
- Rejuvenated the sales effort with updated and upgraded sales collaterals, a web-based site devoted to sales scripts, telemarketing ideas and shared advice.
- Teamed with IT in the development, testing and implementation of all Point of Sale hardware and software upgrades for all 3000+ locations noticeably enhancing store productivity and efficiency.
- Materially enhanced customer service for the entire organization by developing a culture of integrity, accountability and performance in the CustomerServiceCallCenter in addition to overhauling the training curriculum, resulting in a 300% increase in the performance metrics of the department.
- Lead the annual President’s Council conference between the senior corporate staff and 25 hand selected District and Store Managers discussing ways to increase revenues and profitability, streamline operations or reduce costs.
- Improved communication between the field and corporate divisions, implementing tracking programs for response time and the decision making processes for field suggestions and requests.Results include several changes in policy, procedure and methodologies that, in turn, produced strong improvement in same store revenues.
- Reduced third-party costs for outsourced call center by persuading the service provider to hire permanent, rather than contract staff members, add quality controls and develop performance incentives to meet service level standards.The result was an annual decrease of over $200K in the cost of the program.
- Partnered with the I.T. Department to develop, design and launch ecommerce web site resulting in increased store productivity and efficiency.