Lead Developer - NHS Evidence (Freelance)
At N.I.C.E I have been involved in almost all aspects of the NHS Evidence project, from the installation and implementation of Microsoft Fast ESP for release 1.0 to the planning and implementation of Sharepoint 2007 for release 2.0. I have had a great deal of input not only in the design and development of the software but also the scoping, procurement and setup of the hardware and infrastructure required to provide a resilient service.
NHS Evidence is built using IOC principles and the MVC MEF framework. It also makes heavy use of SVN, Continuous integration, NANT, NUnit and NDoc, as well as the usual Fast ESP API's and Sharepoint feature deployment utilities. We have also been working in a feature driven way (FDD) using an Agile SCRUM methodology facilitated by a product called Mingle (produced by Thoughtworks Ltd), both of which I have been responsible in setting up.
- Acting lead developer & scrum master for a team of 7 developers and 2 testers.
- Custom pre-processor, and document connector for submission of documents to ESP using SQL Server.
- MIS system to provide statistics on the quantity and quality of documents indexed by ESP.
- Custom pipeline stage to limit the links that are followed by the enterprise crawler, and which also selects specific sections of web pages to index (Using Python and Regular Expressions).
- Early warning system to advise when the number of documents being indexed is adversely affected by changes to the websites they are being retrieved from.
- Ingestion of documents provided as data feeds.
- Custom mapping stages to power search navigators.
- Developed against the Fast ESP Search API with a custom query processor.
- Migration of ASP.Net implementation of NHS Evidence Site (release 1.0) to Sharepoint 2007 (MOSS).
- Development of custom workflows in Sharepoint using Windows Workflow Foundation 3.0
- Development of custom page layouts, and integration with Telerik user controls.
- Implemented Agile SCRUM development methodology, and setup and configured the projects task and performance tracking system (Mingle).
C#, .Net 3.5, SQL Server 2005/2008, Windows Workflow Foundation 3.0, T-SQL, Fast ESP, Sharepoint 2007 (MOSS), Mingle, MVC, MEF, NDoc, NUnit, SVN, NANT, IOC, PYTHON, Regular Expressions (REGEX), XML, ASP.Net, CSS, VS2008, LINQ, AJAX, JQuery, SVN.