General awareness in manufacturing of Power Generation Turbine –
Turbine manufacturing unit, Bharat Heavy Electrical Ltd., Haridwar (6 weeks, JUN 13 - JUL 13)
- Investigate large scale manufacturing of heavy machines and process involved in manufacturing and assembly of LP, IP and HP turbine, casing, blades etc,.
- Successfully reported project on ultrasonic and dye penetration testing for non destructive cracks detection for turbine shaft and turbine blade roots respectively.
Prototyping for medium scale manufacturing using Fibre Reinforced Polymer -
Sponsored project, Tech Force Composites Pvt., Ltd., Indore (14 days, JUL 12)
- Prototyping composite bodywork and body panels using a traditional method deploying wooden skeleton.
- Mold preparation and hand lay-up using chopped strand glass-fibre mat.
In plant training – Bagasse based Co-Generation Power Plant Systems –
Triveni Engineering & Industries Ltd., Co-Generation Power Plant (22 MW) (4 weeks, DEC 11)
- Analysis of working of bagasse based co-generation power plant at a sugar plant installation & implications of such system over traditional mill turbine system.
- Review of international carbon credit trading and governmental policies.
Learning about various parts and technology used in todays’ automobile –
Channel Motors (Skoda) Service centre, Haldwani, Uttrakhand (4 weeks, JUN 11 - JUL 11)
- A practical training at an authorized Skoda dealership service centre to study various parts and technologies used in a modern passenger cars.