VP, Marketing & Member Experience
Responsible for acquiring, retaining and supporting members of innovative social network aimed at writers, readers, and public radio listeners. Acted as corporate ‘face’ of the company both on-line and off-line. Developed successful strategies to drive buzz, brand awareness, and site traffic. Key member of senior executive team working directly with CEO.
- Increased member engagement and retention rates by more than 50% year-over-year by providing VIP service to top site influencers
- Implemented lifecycle email program to welcome and retain new members
- Brought exclusive promotions, opportunities and content to the site to actively engage members
- Created onsite member-to-member help forum which provides live, interactive support
- Managed on-site feedback forum where members are encouraged to suggest ways to improve site experience.
- Crafted consistent tone, brand, and messaging for site
- Coached employees on the value of being transparent, upfront, and interactive while participating on social networks
- Hosted monthly, live, onsite chats with the CEO
- Created and launched site upgrade communication plan
- Managed off-line meet-up’s called “Gatherings”
- Provided critical input on product roadmap process
- Aligned features to best meet the needs of selected target audience
- Clearly communicated site changes and new functionality across community