Consistently strong record of exceeding sales objectives, penetrating new markets and cultivating strong business partnerships. Energized by challenges in fast-paced environments using my skills in marketing and account management to drive sales and increase GMROI.
Investor and Owner of American Greetings-Carlton Cards Stores
Jan 2008 - Present
New Business Development
Challenged to build a sales territory from ground up during a down economy. Developed a direct mail and telemarketing campaign to target deans, department chairs and professors. • 637 new customer orders in first 90 days of operation.• Outperformed sales goals in each measured period.• Developed 80% of customer base by cold calling or internet marketing. • Increased sales 15% by developing a niche market.• Doubled number of accounts in second year• Maintained a customer approval rating of 98 % or higher.
2006 - 2007
Brought on board to streamline the purchasing, planning and merchandising responsibilities for big box, chains and major national retail accounts including; Home Depot, Lamps Plus, Sears, Restoration Hardware.* Slashed costs 14 % by restructuring the Return Goods Authorization Process (RGA).* Maximized container loads by combining P.O. dates to offsetting fuel costs saving 12% YTD.* Revamped non-inventory parts programs reducing the cost by 14% and customer wait time 10 days. * Partnered with buyers to write a procedures manual for transferring inventory between D.C.'s
2003 - 2004
Major Account Manager
(Leading manufacturer of PVC and Polycarbonate roofing panels used for, commercial, residential and DIY applications) Prepared market research, competitive and quantitative analysis, created presentations, merchandising planograms, point-of-sale (POS) and point-of-purchase signage. * Achieved 126% of sales plan during heavy vendor inventory buy-back program.* Won competitive line takeover (Fiberglass) in the 7th largest retailer in the world.* Managed the national launch of two new product lines into over 400 stores on time and under budget.* Restructured the special order program lowering costs and freight resulting in a 27% increase in sales.
1997 - 2000
Recruited from Armstrong and challenged with aggressive corporate sales goals, grand-opening and remodeling commitments and Home Depot’s mission to conduct on-going product knowledge training company wide Brokered optimal pricing and payment terms with vendor partners including; Bruce, Dal Tile, Rubbermaid, Clarison, Mohawk
* Created planograms, department layouts
* Worked with store planning on fixture designs for the 224 stores generating roughly 1.2 billion annually.* Exceeded aggressive annual sales goals by 18% or higher.* Purchased, and merchandised flooring product for 57 new Home Depot locations.
1994 - 1997
Sales Representative-Major Accounts
Armstrong World Industries
Sold programs, products, and promotions at store, regional and national level. Created customized planograms, assortments, end-caps and collateral. Traveled extensively for vendor training remodels and new store sets.
* Planned, executed and delivered the 1st Northeastern Regional Flooring Product Knowledge College resulting in 756 sales associates trained on all product lines.
* Co-authored the first sales training manual for the Northeast; recognized with a "Peer Recognition Award."
* Recipient of Armstrong's "Manager's Award for Excellence" 1995, 1996.
* Consistently #1 in Sales out of 28 in Northeast Region.
1990 - 1993
Territory Sales Manager
Hired to reverse declining sales and improve account relationships in a two state territory that had been vacant for over a year. Prospected for new business, prepared quotations, proposals, and presentations. Managed and trained 27 merchandisers and installers.
* Consistently exceeded sales quotas throughout tenure that required new as well as retained business yearly.* #1 in district of 14 in new accounts (Rookie Year) * #1 Region in competitive takeovers-1992 * Increased Comp Store sales 74% -1993* Capped yearly commissions in seasonal sales with 25% increase or higher yearly.
Sep 1987 - Jan 1989