May 2010 - Present
Mar 1998 - Present
Foreign language teacher at the middle and high school level, as well as adult education (high school level) and ESP courses at technical schools.
Aug 2006 - Jun 2009
ESL teacher - certified by NC
Job responsabilites include:
- Test administrator:
- Identify, monitor, and exit students through standardized testing.
- Assess the students’ English language proficiency every year.
- Provide English language instruction, in order to develop the students’ academic language skills.
- Determine which class and testing modifications are needed according to the students’ language proficiency and individual learning styles.
- Assist mainstream teachers in adapting materials and lessons to meet students’ needs.
- Serve as a liaison between the parents and the school, providing interpretation/translation services whenever necessary and coordinating services with social workers, nurses, counselors and other school personnel.
See below for Cultural Ambassador Program activites for the Visiting International Faculty Program.
Mar 2003 - Dec 2005
Salem English Center
Part-time position, teaching the following types of language courses:
- Business English
- Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate teenage levels.
- Preparation for Cambridge FCE (First Certificate Examination) and CAE (Certificate of Advanced English)
Mar 2001 - Dec 2002
AS English Center
Teenage courses at the pre-intermediate and intermediate level.
Jan 2009 - Present
Moodle Training prepares individuals to customize a course that has already been developed in the Moodle Learning Management System, i.e., platform training. Instructors learn all that they need to know for using the software.
Feb 2008 - Jul 2010
2007 - 2008
Principles and practices of Online Teaching Certificate
Courses taken as part of this certificate include:
1996 - 2001
Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (BA)
Press release regarding my 2009 Honorable Mention to the award
North Carolina Outstanding Cultural Educator 2007
Certificate of Achievement for integrating cultural learning into the classroom.