Manager, Performance & Rewards
Promoted to new position to manage the employee performance and rewards program for the Chief Administrative Officer of the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Lead the HR Organizational Development team responsible for performance management, employee development, and career services.
- Improve the existing performance management program to support the organization's vision, mission, and strategy. Designed new business process and managing implementation of a new performance management software solution. Worked with technical staff to plan and execute retirement of the existing performance management system and business process.
- Consult with senior management, supervisors, and employees on performance management issues.
- Coach supervisors and managers on employee development issues towards improved work relationships to achieve the goal of organizational effectiveness.
- Manage workplace conflict using preventive mediation skills to build and strengthen relationships and address areas of conflict between employees and supervisors.
- Acted as chairperson of a five-person procurement selection committee in the evaluation and selection of a new performance management vendor and system.
- Managed the On-the-Spot Awards Program. Rewrote and improved existing program policy and guidelines. Strengthened and improved internal program controls including tracking and reporting to satisfy audit guidelines and requirements.
- Chosen by senior management to serve on team responsible for developing new organizational vision, mission, and strategy.
- Facilitated and served as technographer (using Group Systems, now ThinkTank collaborative technology) for strategic planning sessions for the CAO Council, a group comprised of the chief executives for all Legislative Branch agencies, the Human Capital Sub-group for the Council, and the Chief Financial Officer Council.
- Assigned to the Position Management Project to assess and restructure all of the job positions in the CAO into relevant job families and common job titles to allow for improved organizational alignment, compensation planning, and succession planning.
- Served on the interview panel for a Senior Training Specialist recruitment for the Capitol Visitors Center (Architect of the Capitol) ; a Senior Technical Support Representative position for House Information Technology; an HR Generalist recruitment for CAO Human Resources; and a Paralegal recruitment for the CAO Administrative Counsel's Office.
Reports to HR Director.