Over 13 years logistics management experience in the transportation and retail sectors.Has demonstrated leadership in both union and non-union environments.Holds a strong track record of both performance and profit.Proven success as a turn-around expert with a talent for leading teams through change.Creative individual with the ability to both communicate and motivate.Proven ability to take charge of a project, identify and resolve problems, and bring the project to a completion on time.
As the Manager of Transportation Management for BJ’s Wholesale Club, developed a carrier qualification process in order to add quality carrier capacity and expanded the ability of the organization to handle a higher percentage of inbound collect freight.
- Increased preferred carrier base from 10 to 14 carriers.
- Developed system in which inbound collect capacity could be increased from 8,500 to 20,000 loads per year that resulted in a significant annual savings for the company.
As a Dock Supervisor for Roadway Express, developed an outbound loading system that reduced cut times and increased freight velocity.
- Increased the speed in which loads were dispatched from the terminal while increasing overall load factor by 5% and reducing required man-hours on dock.
- Increased the number of trailers daily that were loaded directly for the end break bulk facilities, which significantly decreased travel time and improved service.
Working as a transportation and logistics manager has honed the following skills:
- Training – delivered new employee indoctrination.
- Management – influence and optimize team members to meet objectives.
- Budget maximization – for effective use of finite resources.
- Execution – regularly delivering to fixed time schedules against all odds.
- Organization – build and motivate teams to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Leadership – of work groups ranging from 3 to over 100 people.