Educational and organizational consulting services, professional speaking, staff development and training, career coaching.
Foothills Youth & Family Services Inc.
Life Role Development Group
Professional Trainer for Life Role Group programs such as "Work Search," "Labor Market Information 101," and "Labor Market Information 102"
Off Campus Teacher
Livingstone Range School Division
Placing and monitoring high school students into work experience, registered apprenticeship and Green Certificate programs. Working with employers to maximize a positive experience for the students. On-site coaching as well as safety inspections and site visits.
Sep 1998Apr 2007
Alberta Employment & Immigration
Managing a provincial government contract to provide career services, resources and activities for youth ages 13-24 from Nanton to the Crowsnest Pass in Southern Alberta. Activities included;
- Delivering Classroom Presentations
- Organizing Job Clubs
- Facilitating Parent Workshops
- Conference Presentations
- Establishing a Mentoring Program
- Developing a Job Skills Program
- Organizing Regional Career Fairs
- Creating a “Youth Making A Difference Conference”
- Establishing “Career Corners” in schools
- Individual/Group Counselling
- Facilitating Post Secondary Tours
- Creating the “Crossroads Program” where high school dropouts spoke to students
- Organizing Job Shadow, Work Experience and Take Our Kids To Work Programs
- Providing Professional Development to school personnel and employers
- Developing Curriculum/Publications
Bachelor of Education
Simon Fraser University
Sep 1990May 1994
Master of Arts
University of Calgary
Focus on Organizational Development
Working with Rotary International, writing, playing and performing music, working with young people, self development and growth, helping men to be the best men they can be and give their best gifts to the world, making the world a better place.
A highly regarded speaker, facilitator, trainer and consultant working in a variety of settings A change agent who thrives on dealing with the tough issues in organizations and specializes in helping teams work more effectively with each other, empowering leaders, boosting staff morale and increasing customer service An exceptional communicator in both written and oral form who has developed curriculum on a number of topics and presented keynotes for many organizations and groups A risk taker who encourages everyone around him to step out of their comfort zone and expand their horizons, moving themselves and their organizations to a higher level A proven track record in community and organizational development, bringing people together to work on common goals and pushing through even the toughest of circumstances. An innovator and developer of numerous programs, tools, and curriculum A certified career development professional, teacher and professional speaker