I work in the educational publishing space with a focus on marketing digital and print solutions for accounting and tax educators. I have held a variety of positions within the industry, but I have great enthusiasm around crafting strategy and delivering meaningful messaging that truly reaches our audiences - both internal and external.
Associate Marketing Manager
- Manage marketing goals, strategies and tactics for a top-selling suite of products serving accounting and tax educators
- Manage internal and external communication of print and digital solutions and services in the higher education and career channels
- Promote new and existing products, services, and strategies using direct-to-consumer activities, sales collateral, and training programs
Feb 2010 - Present
Enterprise Solutions Specialist
- Partner with Institutional Solutions Directors and Enterprise Account Managers to implement new business models and provide solutions to Enterprise and institutional customers.
- Respond to requests for proposals (RFPs) in partnership with sales, marketing and editorial.
- Provide project management and manage customer care workflow.
- Provide post-sales care to customers and work as point of contact for established customers.
- Work with internal partners to develop and support sales strategies and goals.
Oct 2008 - Feb 2010
- Supported marketing efforts for Accounting, Business Law and Taxation disciplines.
- Ensured accurate flow of information to internal and external information systems.
- Hosted customer WebEx presentations on Value and Choice options for the Business Law discipline.
- Assisted in identifying and tracking top targets as well as with research for marketing plans by discipline and key driver.
- Attended Academy of Legal Studies in Business regional meeting as representative from Business Law publishing team in order to present Value and Choice options and generate leads to share with sales representatives.
- Attended AACSB Faculty Conference as Cengage Learning representative.
- Regularly responded to requests for product information from members of the sales force.
Sep 2007 - Oct 2008
- Provided editorial support to Accounting team through setup and request of ISBN numbers, ensuring accurate information populated IPS and JDE, coordinating and sending reviews for development of new editions of accounting titles.
- Coordinated and oversaw logistical organization of major customer events, Blue Sky and C2C, aimed at developing new editions and forming major revisions of Warren Accounting, Needles series and both College Accounting texts.
- Ran student WebEx focus groups on learning system and pedagogy in Warren series.
Nov 2005 - Sep 2007
The Community Press Newspapers, A Gannett Company
- Generated copy for eight sections for 12 community newspapers.
- Edited submissions for punctuation, grammar, spelling and AP style.
- Input event information into Cincinnati.com database and exported database information for publication.
- Worked with customers on submitted items for publication.
- Wrote articles as assigned by editor.
- Trained new editorial assistant hires and helped edit their copy.
Aug 2001 - Jul 2005
Bachelor of Science
Graduated cum laude from Scripps School of Journalism.