Senior Management Advisor
Management Consultant, Free Lance Contracting for Saudi Telecom company
Key projects and achievements
Uninterrupted flow of consulting Free lance contracts since the first one signed in 2003Network Services Solution (NSS) capacity building and coaching ( Saudi Telecom, Jan 2008 up to now)
- Business transformation for value added services department (fixed line services, mobile services, data and broadband services and NGOSS/OSS services)
- developped trough workshops the business vision, actual situation assessment, SWOT analysis, identified gaps and initiatives to fill the gaps
- supported the target technology architecture development
- developped the To-be processes in ligne with the architecture capabilities and the business vision
- supported the governance requirement layer analysis and design
- supported the 3 years transition plan (road map development)
- Processes automation
- Services development layer
- project management layer with go/no-go gates
- Business intelligence capabilities to manage the performance objectives
- dashboard ( projects progress, RFPs, action items, finance/invoicing status...)
- web enabled interfaces with 4 Strategic Business Units (customers), Vendors and O&M, IT departments
- Business planning implementation project for a general department In charge of Telecom value added services development
- organizing and executing Leadership development program trough workshops and coaching activities
- Business Planning: Business vision, Values, SWOT analysis, defined initiatives to take opportunities and transform the threats, defined the road map (transition plan) to achieve the business vision...etc.
- Reward and Recognition program: designed and implemented an R&R program to support the change implementation
- Business Processes RE-engineering using IT leverage and Business Performation Organization (Business process re-engineering with BPO implementation using a workflow engin to)
automate the processes (L2, L3, L4): service development, project management, strategic planning, capabilities development, tendering process, Budgeting
- Business intelligence to support performace managemet, accountabilities based on measurement and performance, KPIs and measurement methods definition
- Resources (users from NSS and Business Units) training on the systeme utilization and processes
- Templates, forms optimization and standardization
- Network Services Solution is a new Department in the Network Sector , headed by a General Manager: have Driven, in collaboration with Booz Allen & Hamilton consultants,
- the Organizational design implementation, manpower planning, organizational structure optimization analysis and fine tuning, Implementation pre-requisites definitions, design and implementation
- Identified and designed Key cross functional NSS processes, clarified documented the responsibilities, borders and: NSS mission, internal interfaces, external interfaces (Network sector departments and Business units) set single points of contacts definition and responsibilities, metrics and KPIs (SLA).
- In term of Change Management, the Challenge was to get existing departments in the network sector accepting the mission of the new departments specialised in developing Value added services.
- Leading a team for Network Services Solution Department Vendor Management strategy development: defined the approach, organized workshops for The goals and objectives definition and coached the team of telecom engineers to achieve required analysis and the strategy definition.
- Developed and conducted workshops on “Delegation” to enhance the managers skills and employees readiness to be empowered : what delegation means, why it is required, conditions to delegate, categories/types of delegation, how to delegate, delegation benefits…etc.
- NSS Organizational optimization and performance enhancement: design , develop and implement a PMO for Mobile Services, staffed and operated the PMO during the implementation phase, Hand over the PMO to the manager (built , operated and transferred):
- define/clarify responsibilities (design, integration, project management, implementation support),
- design develop and implement required processes to support delivery management activities in conformance with best practices and in compliance with the NSS services development process, designed reporting system and implemented Weekly project reviews (project manager, designers , vendor),
- trained resources on processes and coached all department resources for smooth implementation, Organized workshops to solve issues and to get the buy in and participation for an effective change.
- Managed the PMO during the development and implementation phase till it became operational and done the hand-over to the selected and mapped PMO manager
- The Pilot was including in average 30 projects, involving 9 senior project/program managers (eng. Telecom) and 3 design sections. The interface was with 4 strategic Business units, key vendors like Ericsson, Nokia Siemens, Huwawei, Logica, etc. the cumulative budget was more than US $ 200 Millions.
·Organizational design, implementation (Saudi Telecom 2007-8): directed a team, including STC engineers and Consutants to design the new organizational structure for Network Sector. The new structure had mainly two startegic targets:
- First to aligning the organization on the new strategy “customer centric organization” with the introduction of the cncepts of Shared services, Cost centers and Profit and Lost centers (4 Business units),
- Second to merges the Fixed Network organization with the Mobile Network Organization in one single network organization: organized workshops, presentations, developped manpowerplan and mapping resources, Defined change requirements,developed functional scopes and jobs descriptions,
- Key business processes design and interfaces definitions(Value Added Services development process, Strategic planning process, Capabilities development process).
·Strategic Planning (Saudi Telecom 2007):contributed to the design and implementation of the New concept of strategic planning for the corporate (strong deconcentrated sponsorship for portfolio of initiatives with planning,KPIs and control system). Directedthe team in charge of implementing the new concept coordinating initiatives planning and monitoring achievements and reporting. Organized workshops and coaching sessions to facilitatethe change and the objectives achievements.Reporting monthly for the Management committee on Network Sector achievements.
·Business Transformation program (consulting contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2005-6): Designed, developed, implemented and managed a 3 waves large program targeting, during three years, the organizational Capacity Building based on a “Learning by Doing” approach for a sustainable change, covering 6 leverages: HR capabilities Building, Organizational Fine Tuning, Quality and Performance, Policies and Processes, Planning Capabilities, Data and Systems. Organized and managed a program management team sponsored by a Top management steering committee (1 VP and 6 GMs). Scoped 45 development projects covering all the leverages, assigned project teams of 4 to 6 engineers and provided coaching and training. Launched the second wave design, based on a bottom up approach and more management layers involvement to enhance the “Engagement” for change focusing on more performance measurement
·Developed a process and designed organization to support Yearly Business Planning in the Network Sector (contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2004-5): enhanced the planning effectiveness and efficiency, set and coached business planning team for Network Sector for performance tracking, SMART objectives definition, identified initiatives, built and evaluated scenarios, developed projects/programs to support objectives, mapped objectives and developed Balanced Score Cards, KPI’s definition.
·Supply Chain Management Processes Reengineering (consulting contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2003-4):Assessedactual procurement department processes andgap analysis, developed methodology and work plan for Business processes reengineering (pre-qualification, tendering and evaluation process, performance evaluation, politics and procedures review, IT requirements…etc.), done a survey with key vendors and recommendations to enhance Vendor Management and develop partnership
·Training Needs Analysis to develop and implement Training Career Paths for resources (consulting contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2003-4): conducted job families and job titles analysis, assessed the methodology and developed specific approach. Organized project team and committee, conducted tasks and responsibilities analysis defined skills, knowledge, behavioural attributes and tools requirements. Develop training objectives for job titles, develop training curricula for each job title to support individual career training path
·Developedthe approach and implemented operationalization program(consulting contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2002-3):, to supportthe new organization and managers to be effective and efficient within a short term: Clarified responsibilities/activities and borders, identified processes, practices, procedures that support activities, documented interfaces inputs outputs and criteria of success, identified potential conflicts, overlaps, gaps redundancy in the organization, organized activities to ensure that the organization is integrated and optimized at all levels
·Project management culture implementation (consulting contract with Saudi Telecom Company, 2002-3): Project management processes reengineering, PMO (Project management office) organizational and capacity development, trained line managers, project managers and project team members on project management, project management processes