Manufacturing Manager 2006 - 2008
Responsible for providing leadership, management and planning to Manufacturing and Industrial Engineering resources. Establish operational manufacturing objectives and delegated assignments to subordinate manufacturing supervisors. Lead the manufacturing and Industrial Engineering efforts when transferring new products or technology. Ensure operations have the necessary support to avoid product interruptions and quality issues, improve cycle time, yield, scrap and reduce costs. Responsible for product availability to support the demand forecast. Coordinated Departmental Annual Operating Plan and cost center management and ensure compliance during the year. Ensure department personnel complies with company policies and procedures (ISO 9002, EEO, ADA, OSHA, EPA, ...). Responsible for the department metrics, including capacity analysis, machine utilization and resource management. Interface with F.D.A. during Plant inspections and their official meetings.
- Relayout and line consolidations to free 20% of manufacturing space for new product transfers.
- Implemented of the 12 Pack dashboards in all manufacturing lines to meet product cycle times and yields.
- FactoryWorks implementation thru the plant for traceability of products.
- Reduced close calls by 60% and reduced PMA findings by 35%.
- Lean Sigma projects implementation results in $2.4M better than plan and inventory ends $700k lower than plan.
- Delivery performance of 98.6% out of a 98% target, product availability of 99.4% out of a 98% target.
Sr. Manufacturing Supervisor 2005 - 2006
Responsible for work assignment, manpower planning, overtime management, quality assurance and employee relations.v Provide production direction to supervisors, coordinators and employees to ensure completion of weekly production plan.v Provide input in the design and development for new and/or special tooling and instrumentation.Supported the implementation of products and new technology introduction. Conduct performance appraisals, discipline actions and recommend employees salary increase.Assisted Manufacturing/Industrial engineering with special projects for productivity improvement.Performed operations analysis to assure Defect per Million (DPM), scrap and Total Product Cycle Time (TPCT) goals.
- JDE workorder management in SP to FP areas to assure information and inventory accuracy.
- Implemented SMP report for Distribution Center replenishment for a 99% shipments performance.
- Supported UBD process implementation, SMP, MTCS, FW implementation at packaging areas.
- Supported transfer from Sullivan Lake (SL) facility for an extended period.
- Create mechanisms to monitoring the work flow and quality of the line and shared this knowledge with SL management resulting in a better resource utilization and production increase by 35%.
Manufacturing Supervisor 2003 - 2005
Responsible for work assignment, manpower planning, overtime management, quality assurance and employee relations.Performed material and WIP analysis to minimize production disruption while managing daily rates. Ensure that the proper training is executed and documented as per policies.Conducted performance appraisals, discipline actions and recommend employees salary increase.Ensure compliance with company programs/procedures regarding EEO, ADA, GMP, and safety.Performed operations analysis to assure Defect per Million (DPM), scrap and Total Product Cycle Time (TPCT) goals.Monitor employee performance, efficiency, utilization and equipment downtime.Responsible of manufacturing performance systems transactions (Pull systems, Traceability, JDE, KRONOS, etc.). Recommend possible solutions to correct problems with products and process.
- Participate in the JDE implementation thru all manufacturing workcells.
- Merge Sterile Pack operations of two lines and implement 5'S concept in all the manufacturing work cells.
- Met weekly commitment vs. actual by work cell no less than 99%, controllable by the manufacturing activities.
- Reduce scrap Workmanship by 20% at two manufacturing work cells.
- Increase employee's flexibility, 80% of the employees certify in at least 3 operations.