Feb 1988 - Present
- Manages domestic marketing programs for the Tourism Office. Directly responsibility for coordinating the annual strategic marketing plan and detailed budgets, and implementing advertisng and research programs.
- Initiates or provides oversight for all necessary RFP processes to select advertising, public relations and web development contractors and subcontractors.
- Directs the work of advertising and research contractors and monitors all expenditures to insure that they are within budget parameters.
- Provides liaison with the Tourism Commission to obtain t;hier feedback and recommendations for advertising and related marketing activities. Provides oversight and supervises staff responsible for technical upgrades and development of the consumer and industry websites and for content development of the consumer website, www.experiencewa.com.
- Provides oversight and supervises staff responsible for the call center service that responds to consumer requests for travel literature and information.
- Provides oversight and supervises staff responsible for community and tourism business outreach programs that identify and help market specific travel product niches, including culinary tourism.
Dec 1985 - Jan 1988
Tourism Promotion Specialist
Idaho Department of Commerce
- Responsible for development of annual comprehensive marketng strategic plan,
- coordinatedof consumer marketing research program,
- coordinated writ;ing and production of all consumer collateral brochures,
- coordinated advertising agency creative and media activities on behalf of the Tourism Office.
- Developed first comprehensive Idaho telemarketing and call center service to respond to consumer requests for printed and other travel information.
MIchigan State University
Position that utilizes my knowledge and skills in managing marketing strategic planning and implementation including identification and hiring of contractors and oversight of contractor performance and adherence to budget parameters.