Available to join position requiring strong account management skills and project management in Procurement, SaaS industry or consulting.
Green card holder, authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer
Also, permanent resident status in Brazil and Ecuador, including work authorizations.
Carlos has the skills and knowledge to save you money and expand your revenue base by gluing together the strategies, processes and teams that your client project needs to obtain measurable, bottom line results.
He has nine years of experience in:
- Strategic account management
- Alignment of corporate strategy with departmental goals; - Program implementation; - Process improvement; - Organizational change management; - Savings implementation; - Vendor management - Sourcing education - Electronic procurement; - PMO implementation
May 2009 - Present
Director, IT & Procurement
Currently involved in developing IT infrastructure, web services and managing project for deployment of new website.
Feb 2009 - Present
Founder and Editor-in-Chief of emerging blog focused on spend management.
Aug 2006 - Feb 2009
Manager, Spend Management Services
Development, launch and leadership of global account teams, including coordination responsibilities with sales, quality assurance, client satisfaction, invoicing, contracts and project management areas.Direct responsibility for engagements, revenue recognition planning, contract renewal strategies; spend assessments, team performance and organizational change programs.
- Managed Arizona Public Service account by successfully implementing a Program Management Office and executing an enterprise wide, $47M Facilities Category Assessment that identified projects which could render more than $1M in annual savings. Responsibility for service delivery costs.
- Supported sales team renewal efforts for Cisco account after identifying client needs that rendered a total of $ 27M in savings by creating and implementing a US$ 300M global strategic sourcing program.
- Created a new product offering by developing a multi-year Strategic Process Improvement Plan at the Canada Revenue Agency that included a complete revamping of the sourcing and contracts practice.
- Lead account team in deploying and managing a full array of consulting services at BP by leading seven global multi-disciplinary teams in bidding $ 2Bn in contracts that rendered 10% in savings.
Jun 2004 - Jul 2006
Leadership of regional consulting programs and projects, spend visibility exercises, category assessments, project identification and management and regional team management at several Latin American subsidiaries of corporate clients. Acting Country Manager in Brazil including responsibilities in executive level relationship management, HR management, IT, budgeting, financial reporting, legal issues resolution and supplier management.
- Expanded solution portfolio at Nestlé Latin America during a two-year engagement, by successfully leveraging executive level relationships and close coordination with the sales team that resulted in US$ 9M in savings out of $100M in annual spend at client.
- Deployed localized account management practices that resulted in incorporation of reluctant local subsidiaries into the global account plan by quickly demonstrating solution value that ultimately saved 12% of spend throughput at major clients such as J&J, Diebold, Tyco, GM, Visteon and BHPBilliton.
Jun 2000 - May 2004
Management and participation in multi-national teams in charge of executing sourcing projects at several local, regional and global clients. Developed strategies, customized client documentation, performed make vs. buy analyses and executed spend categorizations to enhance project outcomes. Excelled at data analysis and presentation. Maintained project relationships with executives and stakeholders at director and VP levels.
- Led 50+ sourcing projects as member of several global teams in charge of deploying consulting services, by supporting 10 global accounts such as Carrier, Otis, PhelpsDodge, ExxonMobil and Chrysler.
- Saved an estimated 25% of solution implementation time equivalent to 1 full month, by creating training content relevant to Latin American and other global markets.
Mar 1993 - May 1998
Assistant Plant Manager
Held positions of increasing responsibility in: quality assurance, production management, plant management, materials specification, resource management, process re-engineering, statistical process control and productivity analysis that lead to a 70% productivity increase in 3 years.