An experienced marketing and business development executive with over 15 years of international experience is seeking a fast-paced, challenging executive position. My experience has been focused on strategic and tactical marketing, strategic alliances, product launches, sales management and revenue growth.
Jun 2006 - Present
VP Marketing and Business Development
A TSX.V company, Contec (www.contec.ca) operates a global mobile content service. Reporting directly to the CEO, I am responsible for all marketing and business development activities, including:
- Transitioning the company from being products based to a consumer service organization.
- Establishing a new marketing strategy and corporate positioning.
- Defining the core service offering, running product management.
- Developing marketing and sales collateral.
- Establishing relations with strategic content partners.
- Prospecting and closing strategic reference clients for the new service platform (major mobile operators and service providers).
- Building a global network of sales channels.
- Managing proposals and contracts.
- Establishing a PR strategy for the new service via both traditional and social media.
- Old products retired, new service platform researched, defined, developed and launched (see www.buzmob.com).
- Signed up dozens of top-tier content partners for the service such as Sports Network, Associated Press, AFP, PR Newswire, Business Wire.
- Signed up reference clients, such as China Mobile, China Unicom, Virgin Mobile. Established partners in the US, China, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Launched innovative white-labeled sports products for the mobile advertising market.
- Existing pipeline of clients in all continents. Channel program in place.
- Established Contec as an expert in the mobile content space, with a focus on sports and entertainment.
Sep 2004 - May 2006
- Sold large-scale enterprise messaging and security solutions.
- Exceeded assigned quota.
- Managed the company's email marketing division (see http://www.m4internet.com).
Jul 2003 - Aug 2004
Director of Sales
Puresight develops unique mobile and Internet security tools. I was responsible for managing a network of channels across Europe, as well as for all marketing activities in Europe and product management.
- Increased channel revenue by 200%.
- Managed distributors (such as IBM, Intel and Sun) across Europe. Developed joint marketing campaigns with distributors, including conferences, trade shows and direct marketing activities.
- Acquired and managed OEM partners, utilizing the company's SDK.
- Sold internet security solutions to ISP partners across Europe.
- Conceived of, and launched, a new product platform for mobile operators. This led directly to the company being acquired in May 2005.
- Continuously conducted competitive research. Worked with business partners, prospects, and customers to uncover new needs.
- Launched a new corporate website and designed new product collateral; provided sales training to channel partners and distributors.
- Presented at numerous trade shows.
Jun 2002 - Apr 2003
Researcher in Organizational Behavior, as part of the PhD program.
May 2000 - Feb 2002
Director Strategic Accounts / Sr. Product Manager
Commtouch is a leader in email and security solutions.
- Personally managed major and strategic accounts such as Cisco, Intel, HP and others.
- Provided training and mentoring to junior direct sales staff.
- Acted as the liaison between sales, product marketing, product management and product development. Was responsible for collecting and analyzing competitive information, and for communicating findings to junior product managers.
- Actively pursued product-extending and/or strategic partnerships with OEM partners and complimentary technology vendors.
- Presented at major trade shows and conferences such as ISP World and Internet World.
- Recruited and trained the company's technical sales force.
Sep 1997 - May 2000
Technical Account Manager
TTI (NASDAQ: TTIL) is a leader in system solutions for telcos and service providers.
- Managed the AT&T and AT&T Wireless accounts. Sold more than $4M of new solutions to AT&T.
- Identified new customer needs, worked with the customer to define and design new product enhancements. Created detailed specification and requirements documents for new products and features.
- Managed the entire product lifecycle for the new solutions, working with a development team, overseeing deliverables and timetables.