VP Marketing and Business Development
A TSX.V company, Contec (www.contec.ca) operates a global mobile content service. Reporting directly to the CEO, I am responsible for all marketing and business development activities, including:
- Transitioning the company from being products based to a consumer service organization.
- Establishing a new marketing strategy and corporate positioning.
- Defining the core service offering, running product management.
- Developing marketing and sales collateral.
- Establishing relations with strategic content partners.
- Prospecting and closing strategic reference clients for the new service platform (major mobile operators and service providers).
- Building a global network of sales channels.
- Managing proposals and contracts.
- Establishing a PR strategy for the new service via both traditional and social media.
- Old products retired, new service platform researched, defined, developed and launched (see www.buzmob.com).
- Signed up dozens of top-tier content partners for the service such as Sports Network, Associated Press, AFP, PR Newswire, Business Wire.
- Signed up reference clients, such as China Mobile, China Unicom, Virgin Mobile. Established partners in the US, China, South Africa, Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand.
- Launched innovative white-labeled sports products for the mobile advertising market.
- Existing pipeline of clients in all continents. Channel program in place.
- Established Contec as an expert in the mobile content space, with a focus on sports and entertainment.