Lead Transportation Security Specialist - Explosives
Transportation Security Administration
Managed Sacramento International Airport (SMF) Transportation Security Specialist – Explosives (TSS-E) program and subordinate Explosive Specialists including establishment of program priorities and project assignments in support of security operations. Served as subject matter expert on all issues involving explosives, improvised explosives devices (IED) and chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) threats. Assessed unresolved security alarms and provided appropriate guidance, recommendations and training to security personnel and Federal Security Director Staff.
Additional Duties: Management Control Program Manager
- Developed new approach for the creation of dynamic emergency evacuation plans, procedures and associated training covering a variety of natural and man-made threat scenarios. Created TSA Evacuation Plans for five spoke airports covering Northern California and conducted interactive classroom training, tabletop exercises and evacuation drills for all personnel.
- Created new format for TSS-E Management Control Objective Plan (MCOP) objectives, including standardized criteria and supporting documentation which was adopted for use in FY14 national MCOP program. Spearheaded TSS-E MCOP working group to develop revised TSS-E program MCOP techniques.
- Established SMF Management Control Program to provide oversight of internal audits and corrective actions across entire spectrum of operations and support activities. Created online database to document and track audits. Led transition to new national MCOP system and provided feedback which was incorporated into the national database.
- Collaborated with Office of Technical Training to develop updated Operational Directives pertaining to Improvised Explosive Device (IED) training drills.
- Established national standards for Explosives Specialist Employee Performance Management Plan and assisted program office in development of standardized Explosives Specialist Records Management System.
- Developed and provided intelligence-driven training to TSA workforce and Federal Security Director Staff on Biological and Chemical Threats, Mail and Package Security Awareness and Procedures, and Evacuation Plans and Procedures.
- Conducted a Level 1 inspection of Baltimore Washington International Airport as member of an Office of Inspections team.