Associate Pastor for Youth and Children
- Coordinated a program of Christian education for students from birth through college while engaging the congregation to partner as teachers, leaders, and supporters and incorporating students into the life of the church.
- Developed and taught four years of youth curriculum for Sunday and Wednesday nights that connects scripture, Christian theology and tradition with media, culture and the interests of the group.
- Intentionally formed growing relationships with students and provided relational stability in the program. These relationships were the basis for teaching, counseling, and leadership training.
- Worked in the community with other churches, the school system, and organizations involving community worship, missions, summer feeding programs, education and crisis response.
- Led the church in writing and implementing a safety policy for youth and children's ministries.
- Planned and led mission trips, international and national, for youth and college students, including collaboration with First Baptist's ongoing relationship with Baptists in Belize. Managed extensive fundraising efforts to support trips.
- Hosted, organized, and led all other student programming including Vacation Bible School, seasonal retreats, fellowship activities, rites of passage events, and various trips.
- Supervised summer ministry interns.
- Assisted in general pastoral duties including worship leadership and preaching, congregational care and visitation, committee leadership and church communications.