Served as a process engineer for the design of a gas treatment facility for the electrification of the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Nun River crude processing facility, onshore Nigeria:
- Sketched new PFDs and P&IDs from as-built drawings to suit new project requirements.
- Performed calculations, based on the fuel gas intrinsic properties, to determine the amount of gas required to meet the generator power demand.
- Developed simulations to optimise the fuel gas delivery and treatment process using Aspen Hysys.
- Performed calculations to size and specify fuel gas scrubbers, pumps, control valves, instrument air receivers and relief valves.
- Attended and participated in design review and HAZOP meetings
Served as a process engineer on the modification of the chemical injection system for the Heating Transfer System (HTS) for the Chevron Agbami FPSO, offshore Nigeria:
- Prepared necessary calculations required to improve the circulation of the chemicals into the HTS, including - suction and discharge line sizing, NPSH calculations, and relief valve sizing.
- Liaised with equipment vendors throughout the engineering phase to ensure appropriate selection of pump (size & materials).
- Sketched PFDs and P&IDs for the draughting team to accurately represent the updated pump and piping design.
- Prepared a Safe Working Procedure for the pumps.
Served as a process engineer for the conceptual/pre-FEED design of a 10,000 bbl/d crude, 30 MMSCFD associated gas EPF for Sterling Global Oil Resources, Ltd - Onshore Nigeria
- Developed a conceptual process model to match the client's requirements.
- Prepared a process simulation using Aspen HYSYS to define the crude oil separation, gas compression and oil pumping heat and mass requirements.
- Performed hydraulic calculations to size multiphase and single-phase lines, using API and GPSA references.
- Performed calculations to size process equipment (2 and 3 phase separators, pumps, relief valves, storage tanks, etc).
Served as a process engineer for the proposal of a new route for process safety valve (PSV) and air release valve (ARV) to be installed on the Lease Automatic Custody Transfer (LACT) unit for Chevron, onshore Nigeria
- Assessed the flow capacities of the lines involved and sized the PSV and ARV.
- Prepared a report confirming the calculated venting velocities of the relief valves were within the recommended API guidelines.
Served as a process engineer for a study to investigate the low flow and high back pressure issues developed on a 6" crude oil transport line for Total Nigeria, onshore Nigeria:
- Developed a process model using Aspen HYSYS and, based on the properties of the crude and the pipeline maintenance operating procedures provided by the client, ascertained the problem was an arterial blockage.
- Prepared a report to provide recommendations to mitigate the blockage experienced in the line.