Water Treatment Technician/Quality Control Supervisor
Elektrint Nigeria Limited
Water Treatment Technician/Quality Control Supervisor - Shell Nigeria Integrated Facilities Maintenance (IFM), NSC,
Manage the SHELL NSC Water Treatment plant company branch in Oregun Lagos, Oversee, direct, manage, supervise and coordinate work activities associated with the treatment, distribution and daily operations of the water treatment facilities based on reverse Osmosis process. Supervises teams of operators, institute plant policies and procedures, direct training programs and complete employee performance reviews.Ensures that the plant and its operators comply with health standards and deliver drinking water (Plant product water) according to specifications by regularly testing the water supply and keeping meticulous records.Also responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and ensuring all equipments are in proper working condition. Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the water treatment plant and liaison with the client, consultant and the company. Worked with senior management to create policies and procedures; Trained employees on water treatment and develop orientation. Manage personnel records ensuring that all procedures within the company conform to SHELL HEALTH AND SAFETY REGULATIONS.
• Plan, direct, coordinate and review the operation and maintenance of the water treatment plant; meet with staff to identify and resolve problems; assign work activities; monitor work flow; review and evaluate the works, methods and procedures to ensure that correct, efficient, cost effective and safe work procedures are followed to ensure adequate drinking water supply for human consumption.
• Schedules and coordinates activities concerned with treatment and processing of drinking water.
• Assigns personnel to shifts to operate water wells, reverse osmosis, filtering, chemical treatment and evaporation ponds and other plants utilities.
• Determines action to be taken in event of emergencies such as machine, equipment or power failure, or need to clean the sludge from the evaporation ponds.
• Prepares plans and specifications for new equipment or modification of existing equipment to affect increased operational capacity or efficiency.
• Reviews and evaluates water reports, records, logs, and graphs to confirm adequacy of present and projected water needs.
• Prepares budget estimates based on anticipated material and personnel needs.
• Prepare reports concerned with chemical and bacteriological analyses of water for administrative purposes and governmental agencies.
• Operate; monitor and trouble shoot error codes/alarms on the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system.
• Planning Schedule repairs to existing equipment with internal and outside contractors.
• Coordination of chemical and consumables deliveries.
• Coordination of removal of waste sludge and brine from treatment units and evaporation ponds.
• Maintains records on chemical usage and storage, equipment operation, and personnel attendance.
• Directs workers to operate and repair equipments and reports need for repairs to designated authority.
• Provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline and safe working procedures.
• Oversee the water treatment plant’s laboratory function including mandatory monitoring, regulatory compliance testing, and process control and quality assurance.
• Ensure operations meet appropriate client and specification requirements; investigate water quality complaints and implement corrective action as required.
• Oversee the development and maintenance of process control procedures for treatment plant operations; review process control, quality control and laboratory procedures to determine if plant operational needs are being met at the water treatment plant.