Mobile County Public School System
Instruct students in various science courses. Sustained Highly Qualified Status by the Alabama Department of Education by completing the Praxis test for General Science.
- Effectively ran an active learning environment with minimal student problems
- Successfully taught many science classes such as Biology, Honors Biology, Honors Anatomy and Physiology, and Earth Science
- Science Department Chair - supervised a team of science teachers, served as part of the SAE committee for school improvement, presented topics of interest to fellow collegeues, and developed and implemented training programs for high school teachers
- Integrated instructional design process and technology into the classroom to create a student-centered learning environment that helps to foster student learning and student leadership
- 2008 Teacher of the Year for effective teaching skills
- Participant in Alabama Math Science Technology Intiative training, Alabama New Teacher Mentor, Graduation Exam Tutor, Credit Recovery Teacher, participant in the Problem Based Learning training, School Literacy Team member, Leadership Team Member and School Action for Excellence committee member