Brooklyn Free Space Preschool
- Worked cooperatively with a co-teacher to plan developmentally appropriate curriculum aligned to the Prekindergarten Foundation for the Common Core Standards.
- Empowered the children to explore creative self-expression and to build satisfying peer relationships.
- Guided families in obtaining evaluations for their child.
- Worked closely with related service providers to carryover strategies to facilitate in the progress of IEP goals in the classroom.
- Facilitated children's exploration of themes, through activities that promoted open-ended discovery and problem solving.
- Observed and listened to children closely in order to ask questions and discover children's ideas, hypotheses, and theories in order to build upon greater learning.
- Directed one week of summer camp, coordinating staff, families and children.
- Built effective channels of communication and positive working relationships with the BFS staff and parent cooperative members.