VP IT Operations
Advanta Bank Corp.
Provided enterprise wide management and leadership to the teams which managed and maintained the IT infrastructure from the data center to the desktops. Advanta is a mid size bank which had $6 billion in outstanding specializing in the credit card market for small businesses. It also had both demand deposits and certificates of deposit insured by the FDIC.
Specific responsibilities and achievements during this period were:
Provide leadership for:
- 6 domestic teams located in Pennsylvania and Utah spanning the help desk into the C suite support
- the development and transition for certain functions to an off shore outsource provider
- annual budgets in excess of 20MM
- the enterprise IT change management, regulatory compliance (Sarbanes Oxley, FDIC & OCC), payment card industry (PCI) standards, and systems security
- 3 data centers (1 a disaster recovery site)
- 350 windows and linux servers, 15 Unix servers
- 2 storage area networks with over 100 TB of data online
- over 1800 workstations in up to 6 domestic and 2 international sites
Notable accomplishments of:
- virtualized over half the server environment and 75% of the workstations.
- a nearly 100% lights out data center
- migration of 80% of the contact centers and significant IT Operations functions into an off shore partner
- migration of the phone systems to Avaya systems utilizing both traditional TDM and VoIP communications
- implementation of Genesys contact center systems, Verint call recording, Interwoven web, mirrored data systems, etc.
During this period we implemented the Sarbanes Oxley regulatory compliance processes, the Payment Card Industry standards and raised our IT compliance with the regulatory agencies to the highest level.
Invited member of the Greater Philadelphia CIO Leadership Network.