In everything I do, I love to be known as the “ideas person”, drawing inspiration from a variety of sources to solve problems in a creative way. I consider myself to be very hard working, trustworthy and punctual. I have a great deal of flexibility as demonstrated in my current role as Marketing, Design & IT Support Worker at the Volunteer Centre Tameside, able to communicate clearly at all levels from client to senior management.
Dec 2005 - Present
Marketing, Design & IT Support Worker
- I maintain and support the organisation's IT infrastructure and network (around 15-20 clients) on a day-to-day basis, liaising with the organisation’s IT consultants as necessary.
- I provide day-to-day IT support to the organisation (Windows Server 2003, MS Exchange, Windows XP & Vista Clients and bespoke database and Community Transport software)
- I design and maintain the organisation's website, including developing the organisation’s presence on social media such as Twitter and Facebook.
- I design and produce all printed marketing materials (using the industry standard Adobe Creative Suite) and ensure that all publicly issued material meets the high standards laid down by the charity's own brand guidelines.
- I assist local charities registered with the organisation with marketing materials, web-design and IT support - including recent creation and delivery of a short "introduction to web-design" course to a local resident's association.
- As a registered CRB counter-signatory for the organisation, I regularly work face-to-face with members of the public to complete CRB checks and then process the results of those checks securely and confidentially.
- I research and process statistical data from a variety of sources (internal databases, website visitor's logs, social and demographic data supplied by the local council and other agencies) for use in publicity, funding bids and future project work.
- General office duties - answering the phone, dealing with enquiries from the public, attending team meetings etc.
Jan 2003 - Dec 2005
Jul 2001 - Mar 2002
- Employed as a web-designer with web-design agency.
- Worked on many different sites in various roles, often liaising directly with the client.
- Worked on standard HTML sites as well as more complex, database driven sites.
- Created a high impact sales presentation using Macromedia Flash, distributed to the sales team to aid in sales presentations.
- Provided basic IT support, to both Windows 2000 and Mac OSX clients.
Aug 1999 - Sep 2000
- Worked for small publishing company producing public information
- Proof-read ads and article copy before publishing
- Responsible for monitoring workflow into and out of design department
Nov 2000 - Jun 2001
University of Manchester/eCampus
- Six month intensive web design course.
- Experience with Microsoft and LAMP webservers running within the University Campus.
- Worked on live, high profile sites (Jo Baer, Lion Confectionery, Lock Inspection Systems) in small teams using both Windows and Mac machines.