Accounting & Human Resources Manager
WTWC NBC 40, A Sinclair Broadcast Group Station
Overview: Perform all generalist duties. Oversee all payroll activities utilizing a comprehensive HRIS program including preparing sales commission statements. Conduct new hire orientation and exit interview sessions. Maintain personnel files for approximately 25 active employees and 300 terminated employees. Administer a large portion of the company benefits program including completing and processing all benefits paperwork, answering inquiries on various plans, and interfacing with the carriers or administrators to resolve problem areas. Manage recruitment function while adhering to Equal Opportunity requirements. Administer employee relations programs such as annual performance reviews, leave of absences, unemployment claims and exit interviews. Ensure all Company policies are observed adhering to internal controls and federal regulations. Oversee all functions of accounts receivable, accounts payable and purchasing. Assist in all aspects of financial statement preparation including preparing journal entries, maintaining general ledger, developing station operating budgets and forecasts.
- Created and revamped business office documents to comply with legal updates and modifications in company policies and procedures. Some documents used in Company business office handbook.
- Implemented the exchange of a manual time calculation system to an automated and sophisticated system.
- Executed the conversion of a complex HRIS management system.
- Executed the conversion of an intricate purchasing system.
- Direct accounts receivables in absence of Credit Manager including employing the conversion of a multi-faceted software system.
- Manage all aspects of business office including financial reporting and other accounting practices.
- Ensure FCC compliance including maintaining public inspection file that continually passed audits.
- Assisted in termination of Joint Sales Agreement between WTWC and WTXL.
- Coordinated transition of Corporate hub centralization of traffic, sales and business processes.
- Developed and employed employee recognition and teambuilding programs to increase morale and unity including organizing all station functions.
- Resolved employee relations matters.
- Received perfect evaluation score and top merit increase during tenure.
- 2007 4th Quarter Star Employee
- March 2008 Corporate Employee Profile Award