- My passion to have the necessary skills (computer and SAQA qualifications) needed in order to have the cutting edge.
- Innovative and creative mind
- Image is important. Proffesional appearance influence your focus and conduct in life.
- I generally have a positive outlook on life
- I know my subject matter: Real Estate Environment
- Read and research relevant texts to better myself
- The typical office environment and its politics numbs me and obscure my focus.
- Can't say 'NO' convincingly.
- Spend too much time organising my business. I do need an assistant.
- Loose sight of my financial planning
- Submissive - Not forcefull enough to claim my rights.
- To work independantly under the umbrella of a firmly based company with a better dispensation that what the industry offers today.
- Systematically establish the concept of Independant property consultant on the South Coast and liberate every agent that is willing and able.
- To operate according to personal values and beliefs
- To position myself now while the economic indicators are improving.
- Irrelevant of the opposition in the market place today, the main role players do not offer a better compensation structure for the working agent today. The truth is; even within a big company the agent remains 'an independant contractor' and is in fact on his/her own.
- The market place is ripe and ready for new a new dispensation.
- The one man business is a phenomana of the past. Small Estate Agencies without a backup support, having to supplement their income with a letting division are closing down one by one, therefore a comprehensive affordability study needs to be done.
- In order to be a truelly Independant Agent the following qualifications will have to be met:
- EAAB's "PDE" is required to complete the NQF4 qualification.
- Principal Agent a further qualification is needed i.e. NQF5(business Management)
- The main role players in the industry today i.e. Wakefields; Realty 1; Chass Everitt; Re/Max; Pam Golding; Engel & Volkers of which Wakefields are the leaders in market share.
- Although the population is growing on the South Coast it remains primarily a holiday destination which in real terms seculates the potential buyer for a second property apposed to a primary residense.
- The current economic conditions of bond availabilty is still stringend and therefore more properties are selling in the lower price bracket than the luxury units. Irrespective of position or condition the market is driven primarily on price. The counter solution to this in my opinion is 'Fractional Ownership' where families can have the seaside holiday home but sharing the costs, however this in itself is a concept that only befalls the few.
“I never did a days work in all my life. It was all fun”Thomas Edison
“The master in the art of living makes little distinction between work and play,
his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his information and recreation,
his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he do, leaving others to decide if he is working or playing.
To him, he is doing