Project: Cloud Computing Environment (Sep-Feb 2010-11)
- For understanding how cloud computing works and how the cost can be reduced in competitive environments.
- Different technologies have been gathered up and then feasibility check for the minimalistic cloud infrastructure is established to implement the same at different places and in different scenarios
- The Infrastructure is mainly a Linux and Virtualization based network environment.
Project: Compiled a Linux Distro with possible Kernel Modifications. (Jan-May 2010)
The project is completely a research project and does not offend any of the vendors licensing and copyright terms.
The Project named ‘LIVSPARX’ is based on combining the capabilities of LINUX operating system and Microsoft Corp. WINDOWS operating system in one OS.
It involves implementation of Hybrid Kernel and compilation of special Subsystem
It tends to support executable binaries of both the OS(s).
The Microsoft Corp. Windows NT & 2000 are considered base to ABI (Application Binary Interface) for system call translations.
Windows system-calls are been emulated to familiarize in POSIX environment using open source project such as WINE
Future scope would be to substitute WINE to full scale API(s), and would port the WINE API into special Subsystem.
- The project experimentation and development is now closed due to implementation restrictions and hypothetical design proposal.
Project: Linux Tool-chain Development (Oct 2009-Jan 2010)
- To increase understanding of Linux compilation process.
- Cross Compilation technique used.
- Virtualization Technology used in implementation(Qemu for various architecture emulation).
- Compilation with minimal dependencies of packages kept in consideration while building tool-chain.
Project: Development of Executable Binary Encrypter (Windows) (Sep-Oct 2009)