2002 - 2009
Internet Lead Creative
- Developed and maintained the design, content and function of Sears Canada web site, addressing the diverse categories, products and services that Sears offers
- Established policies and procedures for the development of the web site
- Improved customer service measures.
- Developed and maintained sears.ca styleguide
- Produced content for the website in a timely manner, and ensured that it was thoroughly reviewed
- Created, monitored, and approved all content within the site, ensuring best business rules practices
- Completed and prioritized projects, adhering to strict time lines
- Updated the Production Team on changes required to the sears.ca website
- Managed the production team and external partners as they developed graphic content
- Oversaw design and development of several sears.ca redesigns
- Advised and assisted Sears business partners to develop their knowledge and understanding of the Internet and its effective use for their respective businesses
- Liaised with Sears licensed departments, suppliers, Sears Roebuck etc, as necessary
- Trained new Internet associates with regard to established policies and practices specific to the Internet
- Assisted in the support of website issue resolution
- Participated in the testing and implementation of new and revised web site content, maintaining seamless availability and continuous operation
- Provided facilitation and support, as needed, to ensure the most cost effective programs and processes were utilized
- Performed quality assurance testing for assigned areas of the site, ensuring data, products and information accuracy
- Validated site flow to ensure the highest results for customer experience
- Optimized web properties for search engines and for pre-defined keyword selections
2000 - 2002
Art Director - Sears.ca
- Developed and maintained creative direction and graphic standards for sears.ca
- Ensured strategies were clearly and effectively communicated to our customer
- Incorporated content and graphics for the sears.ca eCommerce and informational sites
- Supervised and managed the graphics/design team and managed hardware and software requirements for the team
- Provided direction to outsources and other Sears' businesses
1995 - 2000
Design Faculty - Environmental Design
- Instructor of Design Studios; Structure for Interior Designers and Design Fundamentals
These core design studios taught students to develop a design methodology of research, analysis and presentation, emphasizing conceptual development
1998 - 2000
Graphic Operator - Sears.ca
- Responsible for the graphic standard presentation on sears
- Built items from catalogue for online presentation, incorporating catalogue copy and art using electronic page template
- Edited English content for publication
- Oversaw french translation of content for publication
- Developed photography guidelines and managed image repository
- Oversaw testing and publishing of content to sears.ca
1990 - 1995
- complete interior architecture project concept development
- project positioning
- client interactions
- design development
- construction document stages including, planning, custom millwork, furniture and lighting design, materials selection, management of bid and construction drawing sets, site observation, shop drawing review, etc.
1986 - 1989
- Intermediate Designer with this award-winning commercial interiors firm
- Responsible for concept through design development stages, including project positioning, planning, custom millwork, furniture and lighting design, materials research and selection, project coordination and presentation
2009 - 2010
The program focused on natural nutrition relevant for each stage of life, as well as science, research and fundamentals of business. The connection between body, mind and spirit is an integral and important part of these studies.
1995 - 1997
Digital Multimedia Certificate
Digital Media Studios
1980 - 1984
Bachelor of Applied Arts School of Interior Design
The Interior Design program focused on the design of expressive and humane interior and architectural space.Projects developed areas of interior architecture, in an environmental and societal context.
Food Share 2010 –2011
Good, Healthy Food for All!
Preparation of food and food boxes for the community.
Grace Hospital Palliative Care Dog Therapy
1997 – 1999
As a Pet Therapy volunteer, I visited the health centre on a weekly basis with my dog. This program provides patients with the opportunity to enjoy interaction and companionship with an animal. As a Pet Therapy team, my dog and I had to complete a pet therapy assessment and received certification to be accepted into the program.
- Social Media/Internet
- Home renovation
- Furniture, interior, graphic design
- Painting and art
- Cooking and recipe development
- Meditation, yoga
- Exercise (hate to admit it and never thought I'd ever include this)
- Trained for and ran a 5k
CSNN Alumni Association
2010 – Present
The Canadian Association of Natural Nutritional Practitioners
2010 – Present
Slow Food Toronto
2009 – Present
- Effective oral / written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated computer knowledge, including Adobe Creative Suite, Typography, Colour Theory, Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Macintosh OS X , MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, spreadsheet applications, etc.
- Project Management
- Demonstrated understanding of internet marketing
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
Over eleven years of progressive work experience successfully managing people, projects and design in the online space.
Expertise creating effective online marketing strategies and solutions.
Recognized for strong customer service focus, solid problem solving and exceptional organizational and communication skills
An outstanding relationship builder and team player.
A professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment, enjoys variety and learning and takes pride in a job done well.