Dec 2009 - Present
- Presented IRS Form 990 Preparation to Financial Executive Networking Group Nonprofit Special Interest Group.
- Managed Brooklyn Queens Long Island Area Health Education Center's annual audit and preparation of IRS Form 990.
- Completed Abyssinian Baptist Church accounting procedures manual and required documents for annual audit.
- Headed selection process for Brooklyn Queens Long Island Area Health Education Center's new auditors.
- Audit adjustments and staff development for nonprofits.
Jul 2007 - Apr 2009
Yonkers Community Action Program
- Obtained consecutive unqualified audit opinions from government grantors.
- Prepared grant proposal documents leading to $75,000 in additional funding.
Jun 2006 - Jul 2007
Deputy Director Finance / Operations
Adolescent and Family Comprehensive Services, Inc.
- Obtained unqualified audit opinions from OMB A-133 government audit.
Jan 2001 - Dec 2006
- Prepared procedure manuals, financial statements, records, schedules, and documentation for Brooklyn Queens Long Island Area Health Education Center's first audit resulting in an unqualified opinion.
- Ensured the successful onboarding of new Lexington School for the Deaf CFO through preparation of detailed accounting procedures manual.
- Completed financial documents leading to Mina's Cuisine LLC sucessful launch.
Jan 1998 - Oct 2000
Assistant Vice President Management Reporting Systems Liaison Officer
US Trust Company
- Performed timely upgrade of $90 billion general ledger system.
- Completed Controller's division year 2000 planning document.
Sep 1986 - Jan 1998
Senior Technology Auditor
Long Island Railroad
- Received commendation from Federal Railroad Administration for developing the railroad industry prototype for accident reporting.
- Designed internal controls for new $20 million Manpower Tracking Information System.
- Identified needed hardware and software for improvement of automated train movement system.
- Determined valuation of Freight Division for spinoff and eventual sale.
Jan 1985 - Sep 1986
Internal Auditor - Information Technology Specialist
- Prepared systems planning study used for the launch of the new Bloomingdale's By Mail division.
- Recovered over $100,000 in accounts payable duplicate payments using 4th generation software.
Oct 1981 - Jan 1985
Senior Programmer Analyst
- Promoted to Senior Programmer Analyst after eliminating year end overtime.
Jan 2002 - May 2005
Masters Science for Teachers
Jan 2002 - May 2002
Feb 2001 - Apr 2001
Feb 1990 - Feb 1990
Feb 1980 - May 1984
New York University
Sep 1975 - May 1979
Bachelor of Arts
Herbert H. Lehman College, CUNY
Certified Public Accounting
Maryland Department of Professional Licensing