Acquiring design and research skills to create innovative solutions through continuous learning and application. Also, actively pursuing U.S licensure through the Intern Development Program (NCARB).
I am Neeraj Chatterji, have earned a Masters in Architecture degree at The Pennsylvania State University with a Digital Design specialization. I am currently looking for a position as a Junior Designer/Architect and am also willing to relocate if the right task finds me. My experience of seven years in three different architecture firms, two universities, and range of interests from cyclone shelters in Sundarbans to revitalization in Central India to elementary schools in PA to sustainable research on energy footprints of facade systems depicts my enthusiasm for design when I am presented with new ideas. Please find my résumé and portfolio at www.neerajchatterji.com, which provides full details of my qualification. I look forward to hearing from you.Specialties
Architectural Design, Energy Simulations, Life Cycle Assessment, Building Integrated Wind Energy and Sustainability.
Aug 2010 - Jul 2012
Graduate Research Assistant
The four research areas involves: • Building Integrated Wind Energy; Energy Simulations Design tools at the early stages of design (Energy Conscious Design); Investigating modern multi-layered facades in terms of energy footprints under Dr. Ute Poerschke • Urban Wind-flows using Computational Fluid Dynamics with Dr. Tim Murtha.
Graduate Teaching Assistant
• Assisted Professor Pier Bandini in the administration and critiques of A/E design studios. • Assisted Professor Ute Poerschke in the administration and simulation tool implementation of courses in building systems.
Jun 2011 - Aug 2011
Summer Student Intern
• Proposed a sustainable performance based workflow for Clark Nexsen that investigates the use of energy simulation as a design tool in the Early Design stages. The test study was part of a dormitory project in Virginia Tech Campus U.S., which was designed to propose the use of simulation tool in the early design process by non experts like architects to influence better design of energy efficiency buildings.
• Secondary tasks include assisting in projects and tasks around the office.
Jun 2009 - May 2010
Involvement in schematic-design, code analysis, construction administration, presentation drawing and estimating. Project involvement: • Designing extension/renovation of bowling alley in Kolkata, India • Construction document modifications of a Residential villa in Kolkata, India and Residential Housing Complex in Assam, India • Design development drawings and supervision of Industrial complex in Kolkata, India • Preparing area calculations, schematic designs for Retrofitting of TATA ITS building, Jamshedpur,India.
Jun 2008 - Jul 2008
Involvement in schematic-design and design development. Project involvement: • Schematic designs and bill of quantities for a residential villa in Kolkata, India and residential housing complex in Assam, India • Preparing structural report under Architect Ranajit Gupta for a residence design in California U.S. • Presentation on Parking requirements for Service apartments (Kolkata, India).
Jun 2006 - Jun 2006
• CAD Drafting and Site surveying.
Aug 2010 - Aug 2011
Master in Architecture
• Graduate Assistantship with scholarship over $38000
• Research Assistantship for 2010-2012 funded by Stuckeman Collaborative Design Research Fund and the Raymond A. Bowers Program for Excellence in Design and Construction of the Built Environment.
• Autodesk Student Representative 2011/ Interim Autodesk Expert 2011.
Jun 2005 - May 2010
Bachelor in Architecture
• Creative head, University Music Club, Octaves 2007-2010
• Events Manager, Architech technical fest 2008
• University team co-ordinator for national architecture conventions in India 2007 • Architecture class representative 2005
• Qualified in the Top 2% of All India architectural entrance examination 2005.