Marina View School
Teaching levels: Years 7-8, 2012 – current
Team Leader Year 7 and 8
- 8 teachers
- leading support staff
- teacher in charge of Technology
- teacher in charge of year 7 and 8 Production
- teacher in charge of student leaders: planned and taken leaders to Wellington and Paihia over the last two years.
- teacher in charge of AIMS sports teams. 2014 Netball, 2015: Football
- teacher in charge of Netball and Basketball (2013, 2014)
- encouraging teachers to develop as emerging leaders
-- developed the professional expertise of each team member in order to have a positive impact on student learning
- collecting, collating, analysing, interpreting and tracking the data for my team using the school Student Management System
- organised camp at Totara Springs and was responsible for the planning, organising and running of the week. This also involved liaising with parents, maintaining the welfare of the children
- involved in the recruitment process of my team
- conducting appraisal interviews with each team member, using the PAC tool
Board of Trustees Rep 2016
- mentored a Provisionally Register Teacher 2013 / 2014
Literacy Leader 2015
- facilitating powerful professional learning communities
- implemented change in writing
- working collaboratively with outside experts
- implementing LInc Ed throughout Marina View School (online reporting, appraisal system, roll returns to the Ministry of Education and all associated Management features)
- constructed a writing matrix and student targets that have been implemented school wide to assess the needs of our students
- ensuring consistencies between teams in terms of assessment
- setting curriculum goals and then resourcing strategically while maintaining a designated budget.
- developing and implementing the school’s vision
- supporting the achievement of the strategic goals
- ensuring there is clear and effective communication between the leadership team and my syndicate
- review leadership structure to bring in line with the school vision
- planned and implemented students being able to bring their own devices to support their learning
- use iPads and laptops in a variety of ways within my classroom programme in order to enhance the learning for students
- integrating a range of other ICT tools into my programme
- using google docs within classroom programme
- use online systems as a tool when conducting appraisal in terms of collecting evidence, achievement and reflection
Successful classroom practitioner
- run Student Led Conferences
- build and maintain a positive partnership between home and school through constant class email communication
- post learning goals, on-going reflection and upload evidence on-line that supports the achievement of student goals
- personalise learning so that students can learn in their own way at their own pace.
- Planned and implemented Marina View Schools first modern learning environment, year 7 and 8.
- Researched in depth co-teaching
- sharing the planning, instruction and evaluating of student learning.
Rangeview Intermediate 2001 - 2003
- Teacher in charge of Education Outside of The Classroom
- Physical Education teacher 2004
- Teacher in charge of Netball
St Stephens Junior School, Twickenham, London 2004-2005
- Year 4 / 5 teacher
Rangeview Intermediate 2005 - 2008
- Team Leader - Year 8 syndicate.
- 4 teachers
- Leading support staff
2009 - 2012
- Relief teaching while off having children
- Schools I relieved at: Rangeview Intermediate, Marina View School, Tirimoana Primary School, Mt Roskill Intermediate.