May 2009 - Present
Mar 2010 - Present
Jan 2010 - Present
Aug 2005 - Aug 2007
Jun 2005 - Present
Certificate in Manual Therapy
Sep 2007 - Feb 2009
MSc Advanced Physiotherapy
Sheffield Hallam University
Ahuja D (2009) “Comparison of tensioning and sliding technique on the elbow extension range of motion in upper limb tension test (median nerve bias) – A randomised control trial”
Bachelors in Physiotherapy
D.A.V. Institute of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation
Peer reviewed Journals
- Ahuja D, Arora SJ, Dheeraj KV (2007) - “Comparison of the effectiveness of Mobilization with Movement (MWM) and Post isometric Relaxation with MWM alone and PIR alone for painful stiff shoulder – A randomized control trial” – Conference Proceedings, World Congress on Manual Therapy, July 2007, Mangalore, India.
- Dheeraj KV, Ahuja D, Goyal H, Khanna T (2007) - “Incidence of obesity in health care professionals”, Conference Proceedings, International Conference of Physiotherapy, Patiala, Sept 2007
- Ahuja D (2009) “Comparison of tensioning and sliding technique on the elbow extension range of motion in upper limb tension test (median nerve bias) – A randomised control trial” – MSc Dissertation, Sheffield Hallam University, Jan 2009
- Ahuja D (2010) “Acupuncture for Shoulder Pain – A Case Study”, Journal of Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists.
- Ahuja D (2010) ‘Open Access Publishing – The implications for rehabilitation research and practice’ – Editorial– International Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, volume 1, issue 1, 5-8
- Ahuja D (2010): Short Communication –“Post graduate physiotherapy education in India: Current Scenario”Journal of Physical therapy, May 2010, 78-79
- Ahuja D, Arora SJ (2011): Physiotherapy management of knee osteoarthritis: A survey of current practice in India, submitted for publication, Physiotherapy theory and practice, under review.
- Ahuja D (2011): Continuing Professional development in physiotherapy: a professional discussion paper. Journal of Physical Therapy, under review.
- Ahuja D (2010): Evidence based practice in physiotherapy: start of a bumpy ride. PhysioTimes 2(3), 12-14
I am currently working as a clinical physiotherapist in Runcorn, United Kingdom.
In addition to my full time duties, I am involved as the founding editor of International Journal of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation(http://www.ijptr.com), which is the first completely open access, peer reviewed Journal in physiotherapy.
I run a website, Physioguru.com which aims to be a one stop resource for physiotherapists providing access to updated news, interviews, jobs, videos, forum etc.
In addition, I have a deep underlying desire to change the working conditions for physiotherapists in India. This has led me to be a part of StEP India Initiative. Currently, I am involved in the developments of projects along with StEP Initiative Family to address various challenges identified in the field of Physiotherapy, which will help us to move towards the development of Physiotherapy as a profession in India.
·To seek a challenging career in the field of physiotherapy & allied healthcare.
·To pursue research for growth of profession and health services.
·Be a part of a dynamic team which is interested in the growth of the concerned institution.
Clinical - Shoulder and Low Back Pain Rehabilitation
Academic - Exercise therapy
Research - Intervention studies on shoulder, low back pain and tennis elbow.
- Member of Editorial Board, Journal of Physical Therapy, India
- Peer reviewer for Cochrane Musculoskeletal Review Group, Canada
- Registered researcher in National Research Cell, Manual Therapy Foundation of India (MTFI).
- Ambassador, ‘CPD Anywhere Program’ – Sheffield Hallam University, United Kingdom (2010)
- Chairman, International Representative Committee, Indian Physical Therapy Association, 2008 till date.
- Official Physiotherapist, British Transplant Games, Sheffield, 2008
- Joint Organizing Secretary for World Congress on Manual Therapy, Mangalore, India (2007).
- Punjab State Coordinator for Manual Therapy Foundation of India (2005-07).