Desktop Support Intern
McKesson / Practice Partner
I performed the role of a Desktop Support Specialist during my internship and performed all of the following duties:
- Routinely assisted end users in person and remotely with a variety of computer issues, ranging from simple "how to's" to complex hardware or software issues. For the assistance of remote users, Bomgar was used.
- Installed operating systems and software suites on systems for new users and performed hardware upgrades and software installations on a wide array of systems.
- Handled a portion of helpdesk e-mails and provided communication to the end user. Entered helpdesk requests into a ticket system (sharepoint) to ease in tracking and resolution.
- Worked closely with other employees, both customers and other IT personnel to pinpoint and track problems, as well as collaborate on solutions. These duties were also performed independently when necessary.
- Placed support calls and communicated with other companies to resolve issues with their products or services and communicated results to end users.
- Assisted with network and server maintenance, data center wiring, domain changes and IP address reconfiguration of the entire network.
- Became familiar, used and provided support for the following software: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access), Microsoft Outlook, Checkpoint VPN software, Clientele, Citrix Termserv, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Snagit, Peachtree, Bomgar and many other programs and utilities.