I am currently a student at Central Washington University studying Information Technology and Administrative Management in pursuit of my BAS. I am seeking a full or part-time position which utilizes my past experiences and engages my interests, while allowing me continued growth and opportunities in the field of Information Technology.
Sep 2007 - Apr 2009
Desktop Support Intern
I performed the role of a Desktop Support Specialist during my internship and performed all of the following duties:
- Routinely assisted end users in person and remotely with a variety of computer issues, ranging from simple "how to's" to complex hardware or software issues. For the assistance of remote users, Bomgar was used.
- Installed operating systems and software suites on systems for new users and performed hardware upgrades and software installations on a wide array of systems.
- Handled a portion of helpdesk e-mails and provided communication to the end user. Entered helpdesk requests into a ticket system (sharepoint) to ease in tracking and resolution.
- Worked closely with other employees, both customers and other IT personnel to pinpoint and track problems, as well as collaborate on solutions. These duties were also performed independently when necessary.
- Placed support calls and communicated with other companies to resolve issues with their products or services and communicated results to end users.
- Assisted with network and server maintenance, data center wiring, domain changes and IP address reconfiguration of the entire network.
- Became familiar, used and provided support for the following software: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Microsoft Office 2003 & 2007 (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Access), Microsoft Outlook, Checkpoint VPN software, Clientele, Citrix Termserv, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Snagit, Peachtree, Bomgar and many other programs and utilities.
Jun 2003 - Aug 2007
Lifeguard and Night Supervisor
In this position I was a certified Red Cross lifeguard, entrused with ensuring the safety of pool patrons. In this capacity I:
- Taught children of all ages skills from basic swimming to refinement of strokes, etc.
- Supervised cash handling and cash reports and the end of shifts.
- Performed troubleshooting of facility equipment and determined appropriate course of action.
- Followed and enforced all pool rules to ensure that both staff and equipment was properly prepared for all activities and to ensure a safe environment for pool patrons.
- Supervised staff to ensure adherence to company policies and assisted in disciplinary action of offenders.
- Assisted in staff training in the areas of customer service, pool maintenance, and professionalism.
- Performed janitorial tasks and basic cleaning duties of facilities.
Nov 2004 - May 2006
Cashier and Customer Service, Service Writer
- Handled customer inquiries, returns, questions and complains. Answered phones and performed a variety of function including item lookup, reserving on-hold items, retrieving item documentation and information.
- Handled large amounts of cash, closed out registers at the end of shifts and created deposit bags for banks.
- Inventoried and restocked items. Performed checks on items for accountability.
- Gave technical and sales advice to customers about products they might buy, and any services they may need.
Jun 2002 - Aug 2002
Merchandise Warehouse Clerk
Performed the duties of a seasonal staff member at the Philmont Scout Ranch. During this time I:
- Aided in the distribution of a stock of well over two-thousand items.
- Managed inventories of items, shipments and restocked merchandise.
- Performed heavy lifting and relocation of various materials.
- Worked independently at performing all services.
- Performed customer service filling out item request forms and delivering supplies to where they were requested.
Sep 2010 - Present
BAS- Information Technology and Administrative Management
Currently pursuing coursework in the fields of Administrative Management and Information Technology. Currently maintaining a 3.44 GPA.
Sep 2001 - Jun 2010
Associate of Arts & Science DTA
Most coursework for degree was completed 2007-2009. Received degree in Winter of 2009, with 153 credits and a GPA of 3.27. Additional credits focused mostly on IT related coursework such as Operating Systems and CISCO Networking.