Global Executive with standout record of achievement in high-tech industries. Leverages experience in North American, Asian and European markets to identify, negotiate and lead successful business development initiatives. Highly skilled in P&L management, sales/marketing operations, market entry, turnarounds, client relations and business transformation. Creative thinker who boosts profit through organizational development and improvement. Cut $250k out of a $2million expense budget with zero reduction in headcount. Achieved highly improved levels of organization and productivity increasing shipments from $250k to $400k/month by restructuring and subsequently improving morale. Increased net profit from 52% to 57% in 9 months and doubled corporate equity. Outstanding relationship builder who quickly builds trust among stakeholders to establish sustainable competitive edge. Developed North American distributor network from 0 to 30+ organizations in 3 years and increased sales from $3 to $30 million. Improved profit from negative $300,000 to break even in less than 2 years in a down economy. Aggressively negotiated 50%+ price reductions from overseas suppliers to make products competitive in North American market. Solid business leader who delivers strong market growth and revenue performance. Revamped divisional business plan and led entry into new vertical markets, increasing market share from 0 to 15% in selected markets.
May 2009 - Jul 2009
- Reported to Vice President, retained following acquisition to manage continued operations during transition period.
Mar 2007 - Apr 2009
Division President & CEO
Reported to Chairman of the Board and CEO in Zurich, Switzerland. Directed sales, production, finance, procurement & engineering. Lead and facilitated alignment of division priorities with corporate vision. Spearheaded sales to C-Level Executives.
Developed customer database and doubled sales pipeline; introduced Government business through contractors and DOD.
Mar 2001 - Mar 2007
- Reported to President and managed application engineering, marketing and sales (total of 7 direct reports). Expanded corporate growth through brand label, joint ventures and acquisitions. Developed management structure for Asian business.
- Grew revenue 3-fold in 3 years (after losing 70% of distribution and 80% of direct business) through development of new distribution network in Europe, North America and Asia (Malaysia, Taiwan, Singapore, Japan, Korea and China).
Sep 1995 - Mar 2001
Director Marketing, Strategic Alliances
- Reported to VP US Operations, recruited to build North American robotics division. Managed 7 direct (application engineering and product management) reports and 40 indirect (field sales) reports.
- Initiated and lead global (NA, Europe and Asia) planning committee for future world-wide product development.
- Promoted to oversee corporate marketing communication budget ($3million).
Feb 1990 - Sep 1995
Channel Development Manager
- Reported to VP of Motion Control Division. Managed 2 direct reports and 30-member nationwide distribution network. (ASC’s).
- Authored distributor contract, policy, evaluation and appointment procedures. Personally trained sales staff on distribution management and implemented highly successful marketing tools for distribution.
Jun 1988 - Feb 1990
Field Application Engineer
- Reported to Regional Sales Manager.
- Expanded territory sales from $800k to $1.2M in 18 months.
- Won President Club Award.