Seeking a challenging, dynamic position where I can further refine my skillset for a growing organization.
Aug 2011 - Present
As a designer working from my home office, I have to be a disciplined self-starter with an eye for detail. It is vital that I maintain excellent relationships with existing clients, as well as have the networking capabilities to bring in new ones. I have been doing freelance work for the better part of 15 years and made it my primary profession as of August 2011 after moving back to Oregon. My work ranges from comic strips to apparel design to company logos and websites. I also have experience doing craftsman projects such as costumes, toys, hair accessories and jewelry.
- Create graphic designs for local and international companies. These include logos, typography, t-shirt/print design, and web design.
- Provide feedback, revisions, and client consultation.
- Proficient in typography, calligraphy, illustration, web design, web layout, print, compression, and pixel art.
Nov 2009 - Jul 2011
Quality Assurance Tester
Primary responsibilities for this position include the ability to analyze a software program's intended functions, recognize and report on unintended actions within the software (or "bugs"), and complete and file bug reports to the appropriate departments. This position also requires the ability to multitask between several platforms or projects, the ability to create and fill out reporting documents and spreadsheets, and the ability to adapt quickly to any software, hardware, or project design changes as needed. The work I do utilizes my attention to detail, creative problem-solving, as well as my inter-personal skills within both my team environment, and when serving as a liaison to other departments.
- Performed Ad-Hoc testing on project titles across multiple platforms with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Completed daily memory performance report, load report and BVT (Build Verification Test) assignments.
- Identify, reproduce and analyze software bugs.
- Created and fill out compatability spreadsheets for assigned project.
- Completed bug, compatability and performance reports for assigned project.
- Utilized internal system to file bug reports to the appropriate department.
- Ability to co-ordinate and communicate effectively with team members.
- Switch between tasks or multitask without sacrificing job performance.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Microsoft XDK, Sony SDK, Target Manager, and internally-created software.
- Rotate between projects at any given moment while maintaining knowledge of individual project software and hardware requirements.
- Remain knowledgeable on project designs, design changes and milestones.
- Borderlands (JPN Localization)
- Borderlands DLC: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned
- Borderlands DLC: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot
- Borderlands DLC: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
- Borderlands DLC: Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
- Duke Nukem Forever
- Borderlands 2
- Aliens: Colonial Marines
Nov 2007 - Oct 2009
While in this position, I had duties that included employee recruitment & training, excellent inter-personal skills for both employees and customers, the ability to find creative solutions to customer issues while staying within the company standards, and task delegation to better streamline the store's processes. I was also in charge of office duties such as filing and organizing all store paperwork, auditing shipments, preparing, depositing and securing register funds, maintaining the store's marketing scheme while performing general store upkeep, and performing inventory audit preperation.
- Assist in recruitment, interviews, and training of qualified applicants.
Provide training parallel to that of the Store Manager and corporate guidelines.
Set an example for employees by providing excellent customer service, problem solving, and maintaining professional appearance of the store.
Verify all money-handling procedures are being executed properly including deposits, change, registers, and employee transactions.
Execute marketing within company standards, including individual judgment calls to enhance the professional appearance of the store.
Organize and file office paperwork to streamline the store's operations; responsible for checking in, verifying, and representing merchandise shipments.
Exercise judgment in conjunction with the Store Manager, District Manager, and any other Assistant Store Manager, in the day-to-day operations of the store.
Nov 2004 - Mar 2008
Assistant Manager / Lead Sales Associate
This job required me to work as a multi-faceted employee. My ability to interface with all different clientele made me a valuable asset to my store. I was able to sell to a client on a personal level while educating them on every aspect of making a wise investment. This required my own personal training on the industry by making connections with dealers and jewelers, reading a variety of different industry-related media to educate myself on the trade, and even work for a brief time as a shop-to-associate liaison.
I was also put in charge of several important aspects of store management including recruitment, training, deposit preperation and security, inventory auditing, and managing the flow and quality of all jewelry repairs. The stores also had restyle events, where loose gemstones and settings are displayed. Prior to these events, I was charged with tasks that included setting up appointments with clients as well as appraisers, and obtaining all information regarding the available show pieces to ensure clients will be shown pieces relevent to their needs.
- Provide excellent customer service; Greeting, presentation, problem-solving, overcoming objections, qualifying, ringing, customization and follow-up.
- Manage repairs and customization of clients' pieces by tracking orders.
- Manage deposit, register counts, credit information, & inventory counts/audits.
- Coordinated restyle shows with outside vendors to provide customized pieces to clients that would have otherwise been unavailable.
- GIA certified in Diamonds and Gemstones (November 2007)