Enterprise Programme Manager
Tate & Lyle, plc.
Global manufacturer of food ingredients from renewable resources
- Built PMO that improved relations with IT’s business partners and enhanced ability to serve broader organizational strategy.
- Partnered with C-level executives to link proposed IT investments to corporate objectives; helped these leaders articulate and quantify the benefits sought from proposed projects.
- Promoted business partner commitment to projects by driving earlier and deeper business involvement.
- Standardized the project proposal, selection and prioritization processes across all stakeholder groups.
- Published PMO service catalogue to enable business partners to more easily request project services.
- Improved consistency and predictability of project delivery.
- Drove acceptance of project management policies, status reporting guidelines and project review standards by establishing Project Management Working Committee.
- Deployed PMO website housing policies, template library, process documentation, project review schedule, lessons learned, etc.
- Introduced benefits-focused portfolio management practices and metrics.
- Established standardized project selection criteria aligned to organizational goals.
- Introduced project measures focused on business outcomes and benefits realization.
- Reduced enterprise risk by partnering with internal audit to establish standard project control objectives.
- Established standardized PM staffing practices.
- Instituted formal PMO roles and responsibilities.
- Designed team metrics demonstrating how the PMO supports the IT strategy.
- Reduced ramp-up time of new staff by introducing standard on-boarding process.
- Reduced contract staffing costs by 30% (USD 850,000/first year) by establishing preferred suppliers and introducing global IT contractor recruitment process.
PROGRAMME AND PROJECT EXECUTION
- Established governance of GBP 65 MM (USD 105MM) global transformation programme that implemented globally harmonized processes, a consolidated SAP platform and global shared services.
- Managed Systems Integrator RFP and selection process for USD 19MM services engagement.
- Created reporting mechanisms, programme risk management model and structure for managing interdependencies between programme components.
- Managed PM’s of component projects including data migration, interfaces, OCR and EDI.
- Managed go-live readiness assessments for each phase of new Global Shared Services Centre.