Has interest in business strategy & technology
- Experienced as leader in handling operations, manufacturing operations, general administration including HR, projects, business development in pharma, cosmetic and chemical industry over 25 years.
- Vast technical experience as well as experience in establishment of new business, facility and management. Has wide exposure in areas ranging from establishing systems to statutory liaisoning.
- Proven track record of exceeding all production, quality, quality and cost goals. Has considerable experience in implementing Kaizen in plant operations.
- Experienced in use of language processing techniques for solving business level problems (trained by Prof. Shiba). Experience in leveraging ERP systems for business processes & lean manufacturing.
- Has limited exposure to supply chain management
- Experience in Business Visioning Process
Aug 2001 - Present
General manager - Mfg & SCM
- Responsible for strategy development & implementation of goals across manufacturing plants.
- Gives overall direction & guidance to operational managers of three chemical mfg units.
- The functions dealt with are Planning, Manufacturing and SCM, Quality assurance, Engineering, Projects, Systems deployment and ERP.
- Responsible for technology transfer from AGFA-Belgium & HDP – UK.
- Overall responsible for Safety, health & environment aspects pertaining to the plants.
- MR for ISO: 9001 (QMS certification).Co-ordinating visioning process for chemical business group
Sep 1990 - Aug 2001
Factory Manager, Business Development Manager
Mul Dentpro Ltd ( Co-packer firm of Hindustan Unilever Ltd)
- Responsible for setting up cosmetic plant and subsequently operating the unit as factory manager till 1996.
- As a factory manager was responsible for factory operations like production, quality assurance, engineering, projects, statutory liasioning, general administration & HR.
- From 1996 to 1998 was responsible to set up modern cosmetic plant for manufacture of toothpastes and start up of factory operations till 1998.
- From 1998 to 2001 was responsible for conducting feasibility studies and evaluating new business projects for the group.
- Responsible for setting up of Menthol extraction plant for group companies.
Mar 1989 - Sep 1990
Asst manager Production
- Responsible for production operations and engineering requirements of liquid orals and capsule filling operation as well as liasioning with FDA.
Jun 1986 - Mar 1989
Litaka Pharmacueticals Ltd
- Responsible for all plant operations of Liquids and capsule manufacturing plants.
- Projects related to plant automation and deployment of systems
May 1984 - May 1986
Responsible for production operations during shifts for Liquids and subsequently of small volume injectible departments
Jul 1983 - May 1984
Sandoz I ltd
- Responsible for production operations during shifts for tablets/capsules and liquid orals
Nov 1980 - Jun 1983
- Responsible for production operations of Capsules, Liquids & tablets
Nov 2006 - Nov 2007
Senior Management Programme ( Strategy)
The course include foundation level subjects of general management in the introductory module followed by subjects of operations strategy,Corporate finance strategy, Mergers & Acquistions,Corporate strategy , Marketing strategy in advanced module
Jul 1982 - Jun 1983
Diploma in Business Management
R.N.Welignkars Institute of management Development
Foundation level course covering for business management subjects with special emphasis on marketing
Nov 1976 - Jul 1980
Bachelor In Pharmacy ( Hons)
Birla Institute of Technology & Science
This is a four year professional course consisting of subjects in pharmacy,applied sciences,engineering subjects and research project