To obtain a position that will enable me to engage with young people from all walks of life, thereby maximizing my management skills, training experience, communication and leadership skills, youth development background, and ability to work well with people.
Dec 2012 - Present
Feb 2010 - Jan 2012
This full time internship allowed me to develop skills, experience and commitment with regard to the work of the Nelson Mandela Institute. The internship entailed providing support to the performance areas of the Institute. This included, but not limited to curriculum development, teacher support coordination, school learner support and material development.
Jun 2007 - Jan 2008
This position is identified as a FAIS position and falls within the ambit contemplated by FAIS related to Category B. It entailed compliance with all FAIS requirements, including the Fit and Proper requirements of Honesty and Integrity (e.g. be clear of any offence relating to fraud, dishonesty and/or any professional misconduct) as well as competence and relevant qualifications. It also entailed giving advice in line with the customer value proposition & compliance framework. Furthermore, I had to develop, track and review business plans to meet individual performance targets; work in specific allocated markets, and work with a specific range of products.
May 2005 - May 2007
There are many duties and responsibilities a teacher has. The following is a general overview of my responsibilities:
- prepare lessons, making them as interesting as possible
- prepare homework, assignments and assessment
- research information to ensure the knowledge I impart is current
- mark homework and pieces of assessment
- identify the needs of individual students in my classes, and work to help each child develop his or her own potential
- prepare resources for the classroom
- confer with students over their work
- assist children to learn, not judge their inability to learn
- identify emotional, intellectual, physical, psychological issues which may be hindering the student from learning to his/her best potential, and research and recommend courses of action
- conduct parent-teacher interviews
- provide a sounding board (for both students and teachers) and allow for open discussion
- attend professional development sessions to improve my own teaching methods and curriculum
- present a professional but caring persona at all times
- treat students with respect, and teach them to treat others with respect
Dec 2003 - Apr 2004
Senior Admin Clerk
I was tasked with leading a team to capture data at magistrates courts in the Durban and KZN midlands area. This was in preparation for the Department's migration to a computerised system from a manual system. I was contracted to carry out this work in 5 months and concluded it in 4 months.
Feb 2008 - Present
My academic interests include the field of organisational behaviour. I am passionate about cultivating organisational cultures that serve both the organisation and the employee in the long run through appropriate matching techniques, and acquiring synergy in the various nodes of the organisation.
I am also passionate about the use of management or leadership styles as these have a direct consequence on the culture of the organisation.
Due to financial constraints, I have not been able to complete this qualification.
Jul 2013 - Present
Train The Trainer
Talent Management Solutions (PTY) LTD
I am an honest, fair individual who treats others with respect and generally accept people as they are, take things as they come, and feel relaxed in most situations. I am good at solving problems, coming up with original ideas, and see connections that most other people miss. I am thoughtful, rational, and comfortable in the world of ideas. My present goal is to contribute to the pursuit of solutions to the social challenges that South Africa and the world is confronted with through the establishment of a non-profit organisation.
I ran a mobile library and reading club in my community. Through this experience I have seen the need for meaningful community engagement as means to finding sustainable solutions to these challenges. Furthermore, I see the need for public mobilisation in the pursuit of these solutions. With this approach, I see myself collaborating with various groups of people, in different organisations throughout the world. I believe in collaboration and strengthening relationships with those I work with. My ultimate goal is the improved livelihood of ordinary citizens.
- Community Development
- Youth Empowerment