Students in Free Enterprise is an international organization that mobilizes university students around the world to make a difference in their communities while developing the skills to become socially responsible business leaders.
Positions held in SIFE:
- Member of executive board; Team Treasurer for SIFE at the College of Charleston (2008-2009).
- Project leader for King Street Goes Green event; Project manager of 17 SIFE members in efforts to raise awareness of a unique recycling event taking place in the business district of Charleston. Took part in press conference representing the SIFE team. Event was an environmental sustainability project aimed at benefiting local ecosystem. Since project conception, over 58,475 lbs. of oyster shell and 48,500 lbs.of cardboard have been recycled (2009-2010).
- Regional and National Competition team member; member of a 6 student team which represents the College of Charleston SIFE team at competition. In first year as a member, we placed 1st runner-up in our league at the National Exposition in Philadelphia after our team presented a 24 minute presentation of our year’s projects. In second year we placed 2nd runner-up at National Exposition in Minneapolis (2008-2010).
- Project leader and coordinator for Annual Youth Business Plan Competition. Managed five members to organize and host state-wide competition. The event is hosted by SIFE at the College of Charleston and is intended to give High School and Middle School students the opportunity to compete against other students with their own unique business ideas (2008-2009).
- Credit Counseling Seminar; taught over 500 people in 10 workshops at CofC the importance of building and maintaining good credit (2009-2010).
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON CLUB SOCCER 2008-2009
- Vice President and Team Manager for the club soccer team.