I was responsible for selling tickets to the general public from arena,whilst providing general information to event patrons
Dec 2016Dec 2016
CHASE Fest East London
Aug 2016Nov 2016
Learner Driver Apprentice
Coega Driver Training Program
- Attended the driver programme in order to achieve the desired outcome of a designated and licensed driver at the end.
Trinity Methodist Church Soup Kitchen
- I volunteered my services and assisted church members with the running of the soup kitchen once on a weekly basis by preparing/serving light meals to the less fortunate.
Feb 2016May 2016
Buccaneers Sports Pub & Grill
- My duties were performing the essential first step of meet/greeting customers & escorting them to their table including serving food & beverage to guests according to service procedures. Lastly providing personalized, courteous and friendly service that exceeds expectations.
Jan 2014Jan 2016
Ironman Triathlon Event
- I volunteered my services prior to and during the tournament where I was placed at the Garden Court Hotel-the base location for athletes.
- My duties included assisting with the promotion/marketing of the event.
Registration of athletes and attending to their accommodation queries
Nov 2014Mar 2015
East London Museum
- Assisting in preparation for special events.
- Cashier duties at front office desk and performing exceptional customer service greet,direct and actively assist visitors.
- Route calls to correct division/department and preparing workstation.
- Administering client database and issuing out correct invoices.
- Compiling monthly visitor statistics under the supervision of my front office supervisor/manager.
- Switching lights on/off at the museum.
Jun 2014Jun 2014
Volunteer Student Assistant(part time)
Ntlhakohlaza Travel Agency & Ubabalo Travelling Promotions
- Assisting & supporting travel agents in their daily tasks including administration work.
- Perform analysis of travel costs & provide estimates to group or student travels.
- Prepare & provide travel itinerary to visitor & travelers.
- Telephone bookings and liaising with clients.
Mar 2013Apr 2013
Holy Hill Bed & Breakfast
- Assisted with administration duties which included handling inquiries,reservations,cancellations as well as issuing guest confirmation letters.
- Front office reception duties which entailed providing guests with information of on-site facilities & tourists spots in surrounding areas.
- Setting up conference facilities and discussing menu with resident chef.
National Diploma Tourism Management
Walter Sisulu University
Greenpoint Secondary School
Project Management - Project Feasibility and Life Cycle Course
Dec 2015September 2016
Safety & Health Committee/Team member
Occupational Safety & Health Training Oregon
Oct 2015Oct 2015
Advanced Online First Aid
John Furst First Aid
Mar 2012Apr 2012
Travelport South Africa
Entrepreneur of the Year (2014)
- I was the overall winner/award recipient for my business concept –a proposal for a public relations company called En Masse as well as for the most outstanding presentation & exhibition at the annual WSU Tourism Business Conference and Exhibition.
- Panelist/ Adjudicator (2014): WSU BTech Student Research Proposals/Presentations.I was appointed as a panelist to assist in assessing and evaluating Tourism Management 4th year student’s research proposals and tourism development ideas
- I am very fluent in speaking,reading and writing three South African official languages namely English,Afrikaans and Xhosa which allows me to accommodate vast customers and colleagues in language.
- I enjoy working in a teamwork driven environment as it exudes professionalism that allows us to communicate effectively by building long- lasting relationships with our customers.
- University has groomed me well in critical thinking & problem solving skills, which I have the desire to commit & prioritise my time in understanding a customer's needs & wants.
- Oral Communication- skill gained through many presentations and business associations as expo gained the highest marks for best presentation overall at Tourism Exhibition expo.
- Microsoft Proficient in Powerpoint,Outlook,Word and Excel
Available upon request