Application Analyst / Developer
- Meeting with clients to gather requirements & accordingly write functional specifications
- Business process modeling, & re-engineer when necessary
- Designing & building up different modules of the vertical application based on specs
- Communicating technical needs & required features with core development team & overseeing testing
- Continuous planning & progress reports with project manager
- Periodical presentations of latest updates to management
- ProcurementWorked in a team of two with the main goal to build a Procurement vertical application to handle all aspects of CCC's consumables/permanent material procurement process.After requirement gathering (in CCC sites in Abu-Dhabi, Dubai & Qatar), we were the first to model the general process. Then broke down the process to smaller modules, modeled corresponding sub-processes. The team grew with 2 extra members for testing & integration with other systems. Altogether we started building the vertical one module after another.
- CRM (Customers Relationship Management)Researched different CRM products (mainly sugarCRM) while gathering CRM needs and requirement in our office. Installed a prototype web version of sugarCRM for the staff to try out & evaluate.
- Forum (CCC issues)Researched different forum/content management products (vBulletin, phpBB, Jforum, Drupal) in an attempt to provide a platform for all CCC employees (all over CCC sites) to interact & share solutions to commonly faced problems & issues. Ended up deploying a Drupal instance as CCC issues.