Hired by the organization in September 2004 to establish a Corporate Communications Department primarily to promote the organization's image and brand. Staffed with seven (7) employees, the Department is responsible for the management and execution of the public relations; corporate communications; advertising; media relations; event management and marketing and outreach portfolios. Also responsible for oversight of ten (10) Customer Service Representatives throughout the company's network. Oversight includes facilitation of training in various areas aimed at improving customer service in the organization. Major accomplishments include:
* More than 100% growth increase in the client portfolio from approximately 2,324 clients in 2004 to
approximately 9,500 clients in 2010 with continued growth. This was due mainly to the marketing
initiatives being implemented by the Department.
* Developed strategic alliances with major institutions such as Central Bank of Trinidad & Tobago;
Business Development Co. Ltd; Inter-American Dev. Bank - to assist with capacity building and
* Introduced community outreach initiatives to broaden the reach to clients in various sectors such
as Fashion & Design; Art and Craft; Light Manufacturing; Food & Beverage and Retail Services.
* Identified sectors with the greater socio-economic potential and developed them further with
specific-type initiatives (My portfolio contains samples of various types of promotional literature).
* Conducted exclusive radio interview with the former Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago
(Patrick Manning) on the Government's vision for entrepreneurial development (refer to interview
in portfolio under "Journalism Skills."