Business Development Overseeing the sales & marketing operations, & achieving increased sales growth in the Outlets across the region. Developing periodic business plans & strategies, in coordination with macro plans of organization. Planning & scheduling individual/ team assignments to achieve the pre set goals within time, quality & cost parameters. Formulating /short term strategic plans to enhance operations. Tracking market/ competitor trends to keep abreast the changing client’s requirement/ expectations. Identifying areas of crucial importance in the process driven business of the company & facilitated development of adequate systems to streamline the same. Operations’ Planning & Management Independently manage all aspects of management with key focus on profitability. Drive profitable operations and adopt modern management practices. Formulation & implementation of standard operating procedures to ensure high quality of services & customer satisfaction. Coordinate with Projects and Design team for rollout of the Business Units as per schedule. Channel Sales/ Franchisee Management Developing new business partners to expand product reach in the market and working in close interaction with the dealers and distributors to assist them to promote the product. Chalking out budget plans to achieve the desired targets. Effectively reorganized unit offices in my state so as to optimize customer service requirement & efficient coverage of the potential markets. Managing supply chain, involve in vendor development there by increasing the profitability of the store. Identifying and appointing appropriate franchisees for different business locations. Team Management Provide direction, motivation and training to the Unit Managers for ensuring optimum performance. Recruiting, mentoring & training personnel & managers to deliver quality.
Jan 2008 - Jun 2009
• Expansion and setting up of the cinema chain “BIG Cinemas” across South India. • Effectively manage the team of Business Development, Set up and Liaison. • Plan, implement and manage the business development activities. • To perform qualitative and quantitative research with existing and potential competition • To perform sales, trend, and profitability analysis. • To identify business opportunities, generate leads, understand client and prepare proposals. • Negotiate with clients, developers on commercials and drive to close business deal agreements. • Liaison with various Govt. departments for permissions and approvals. • Interaction with all internal departments like Design, Projects and Legal to conclude a deal.
Feb 2005 - Dec 2007
Senior Manager Operations -Hospitality
Reliance Industries Ltd
• Reporting to the Regional Manager- South India • Responsible for the operation of 10 profit centres in Tamilnadu State & 7 in AP. • Setting up of Highway Convenience along the major National Highways. • Ensuring desired standards for the store are consistently met. • Delivering and exceeding sales of all stores operating plan targets. • Developing the people to their maximum capability. • Accountabilities for the performance of the channel team. • Training, store policies, brand integrity and market awareness as well as store assurance
Nov 2004 - Feb 2005
Mayajaal Entertainment Ltd
• Reporting to the Directors • Responsible for the day-to-day progress of the Project hotel. • Framing the Standard Operations Procedures • Setting up of the service standards for the various departments. • Recruitment of departmental heads and the team members • Finalizing on the furniture and interior designing • Deciding the room rent and special rates • Presentation of the review meeting to the board of Directors.
Oct 2000 - Nov 2004
Best Western Swagath, Kovalam, India
• Reporting to the Managing Director • Responsible for the day-to-day management of the hotel • Responsible for planning, organizing, directing and coordinating the work and resources • Involved in running services like front-of-house (reception, concierge, reservation) and food, beverage management etc • Management and monitoring of staff at work. • Responsible for smooth running customer services • Preparing budgets and marketing strategies, and formulating targets for the business
Oct 1997 - May 2000
Retail Manger Unit
Ayamas Food Corporation Sdn Bhd,Malaysia
• Reporting to Area Manager • Managing and motivating a team to increase sales and ensure efficiency; • Managing stock levels and making key decisions about stock control; • Analyzing sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes to maximize profits; • Analyzing and interpreting trends to facilitate planning; • Assuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met; • Organizing special promotions, displays and events; • Being Updated on competitors sales & marketing initiative • Effective use of information technology for data analysis and forward planning;